F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Help with O2 wires and General Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with O2 wires and General Maintenance

Hi, As some of you might know from the noob forum, I just got this 02 f4I. I think I really saved this thing from its owner. He installled a fully yosh but just yanked the O2 wires from the harness.

So Know Im stuck with a flashing FI light and an O2 sensor with 3 wires and 3 pins hanging. Judging fromt he pins and the weather tight connectors, He just yanked it. Anyone know where the wires go? Two wite from the sensor and onr grey. Can any of you take a pic or describe it to me? I got the factory manual but it has no real descritpion of the colors etc.

Also for you 02 F4I owners. Can anyone give me some of the info from the manual? Like service intervals, milage for the fuel and oil filters . Oils and types, fuels and octane ratings. Etc? Anyone have a scan of the manual? Or some info as to where I can obtain it?

Thanks alot in advance. I look foward to making this thing a reliable and fun ride.

Old 04-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Help with O2 wires and General Maintenance

Wow... you're not asking for much.

How about after I do all of your homework for you... I get to ride the bike I'm kidding, I have very dry sense of humor.

Click here to download your manual. Right click on the "click here to play video" and save as, it'll be the .pdf copy of your shop manual.

You O2 sensor wiring should have Black to Orange/White, Gray to Green/Orange, White to Black/White and White to Black/Green.

Here's a pic of it

Name:  ossensor.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  17.8 KB

Once you download your manual, the maintenance schedule is on page 3-3.

Old 04-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yo mang...go to the clucth side of the bike...by the idle adjuster. you'll see this is where that clump of wires lead to. get yourself an O2 simulator from dynojet, unplug the O2 harness and plug the simulator in the harness and you're all good. it's like 15 bucks.

Old 04-14-2006, 04:29 AM

don sorry, I just had the factory manual, it sucks compared to the haynes. But it does have its uses.
Much appreciate the help.
One problem, the O2 is a 3 wire type . White , white, grey. Hmmm... Ill play with it.

Anyone know? I tried searching but Im still getting use to the format here.

Tahoe, I dont want to do that. For various reasons Id rather not just use the simulator, that and its pretty much just a resistor. Being an engineering type...it just bugs me.

I do apologise if What Im asking is noobish. I just want to start things off right. I rode her home and man, its got more oomph then a lot of people give it credit for, the bad feeling about notgetting the r6 is fading quickly.

never mind about the octane got the search working.

Old 04-16-2006, 06:48 AM

The owner's manual has all the general information in it.....concerning maintenance schedules and all the other info.
Definitely a good thing to read!

Also, the bike takes regular unleaded....like minimum 85 or 87 octane (don't have the manual handy, but it's in there)

And like Tahoe suggested....the O2 cheater is probably your best bet for $15.
OR
I have no idea where the guy ripped it out at, but if it's possible you could buy a new O2 sensor for $108 from Honda at www.ronayers.com