F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Help, my butt is killing me...

Old 10-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, my butt is killing me...

Was hoping to get some ideas on a fix for the seat on my '01 F4i. I like the bike but it hurts my butt very quickly, yeah,I checked the archives and couldn't turn up much. I have always heard that Corbins are good seats but pretty hard and are expensive. Is anyone familiar with a seat builder who can modify the F4i for a reasonable cost or has anyone tried this service from the Sargent seat company? Thanks, really need a fix...

Old 10-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Default RE: Help, my butt is killing me...

You can take the seat apart yourself and replace the padding with something softer. The vinyl is only stapled on so removing it is relatively simple.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:51 PM

You can always trade me your stuff for my 06 F4i banana seat setup

Old 10-27-2007, 06:09 PM

Good thing about corbins is that they are VERY customizable. You can choose from hundreds of material/designs for each part of the seat. The seat can be one color, the threading can be another, the lining can be another,etc etc. But VERY expensive. If you can afford it, i highly suggest it. If not, then I believe you can bring the seat to any decent upholstery place and they can repack the seat with better material. If anything, they can put foam in there, and they can shave it so that it has the same shape as the corbin.

Another note about corbins, since they are really thick with cushion, having one on will make it harder for you to touch the ground. Might feel like the bike got raised by an inch. Also, on a stock seat, you notice you sit in the front of the seat with ***** to the tank. When you gas/brake hard, you notice you slide back and forth a lot. With a corbin, you sit towards the back (which also means a more aggressive position where you lean forward more. I personally love that style since the normal sitting straight up position on an f4i makes it look like a cruiser).

Old 10-27-2007, 06:14 PM

For my 07 Repsol I bought a Sargent seat with orange welts around the edges. It's much more comfortable than the stock seat...costs...I think $250 to $300. It's worth the money.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:23 PM

jesus h dog**** ****ing christ. i couldn't imagine paying $300 just for a seat.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:30 PM

I wear Fox padded shorts on longer rides. Makes a HUGE difference.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Ace_f4i

jesus h dog**** ****ing christ. i couldn't imagine paying $300 just for a seat.
Yeah, i understand but after paying over$12K cash for the bike I figured the $300 was a drop in the bucket after that. What hurts is buying the GPS Garmin 2820 Streetpilotfor $800 (gotit from a discount place)to put on the bike only to find there's no place to mount it.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:50 PM

damn dude.. $800 gps? what ever happened to wingin' it with a map section taped to your tank haha. that's what bike trips are all about. i guess it would be cool to have GPS if you did a lot of cross country trips for driving in cities your'e not used to but i wouldn't do cross country on a sport bike... unless i got a new seat too. lol

Old 10-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

modify it yourself... I just put some foam on top for long rides... or bubble wrap in a crunch [8D]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help, my butt is killing me...