F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Help me think this out...

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me think this out...

Not really happy with my mirrors, I spend more time moving and shifting to get a glimpse of whats behind me, and they are butt ugly...

I saw a camera/screen combo for $99 the other day that the camera mounts to your plate and has a little 3" or so screen... This could easily mount under the sheild above the guages...

I am sure the camera would be a slow frame rate but I would think it would be good enough for rear view?

What do you think?

Old 12-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help me think this out...

that would be ........maaaaaybe ok for whats directly behind you, but a mirror will give you less of a blind spot than a plate mounted mini camera. yes i know you can easily turn your head to see your blind spot.....but atleast w/ mirrors you have LESS of one. w/ that mini plate cam, you'll only be seeing whats directly on the tail of you're bike.

i'd say keep on playing w/ your mirrors to find a position that works. my personal opinion.....those mirrors will be 100x safer than a cam/screen. that screen will also get distracting im sure.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:08 PM

unless you have a dope *** wide angle lens on that camera then it just mite work. but i agree with jaynd... mirrors is the best way to go. just a suggestion, what i do is that i position the right mirror more where i can see my blindspot and barely my rearview. my left mirror is positioned more towards my rearview and less of my blindspot on the left due to the fact that it's easier to twist my body left (to see traffic coming from behind me) than to twist right. hope that helps! well that's just my .02 hope that helps and good luck w/ your choice...

happy holidays!!!

Old 12-26-2007, 09:08 PM

IM doing a rear camera setup on mine while its winter time..Keeping the mirrors for normal driving .But the rear camera view for those times im sitting still or anytime the brakes come on,so i dont have to look over my shoulder while sitting ..Im setting it up to come on with the brakes only.That way im not distracted while riding..