F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Help me mod! w/pics

Old 08-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me mod! w/pics

Hey guys, new user here. I've been riding a beater 2001 F4i for a few years mostly commuting. I have around $600 to make her look pretty. I got it with 20k miles on it and put another 10k on.

Main things I think need work:

1. Air filter
2. Exhaust (previous damage, dented pipe)
3. New front tire
4. Chain (low miles but it hasn't been used much recently) - interested in changing the sprocket
5. Oil change - no prob

Cosmetics:

1. Dents/cracks/holes in all plastics except the front fairing - I would like to do a black/white theme change
2. Fender eliminator
3. Lower exhaust mount - I have the Two Bros slip on. Can I switch out my dented pipe for a low mount pipe and still use it?
4. Flush mount turn signals

Any advice on where to pickup plastics? Should I have mine refinished?

What mods if any would you recommend for this bike? The FAQ is good so this thread will probably turn into a look what it turned out like post.

I would prefer to deal locally in SoCal...Ebay as a last resort.

Attached Thumbnails Help me mod! w/pics-img_1393.jpg   Help me mod! w/pics-img_1395.jpg   Help me mod! w/pics-img_1400.jpg   Help me mod! w/pics-img_1401.jpg   Help me mod! w/pics-img_1397.jpg  

Old 08-05-2010, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by 4aiur
Hey guys, new user here. I've been riding a beater 2001 F4i for a few years mostly commuting. I have around $600 to make her look pretty. I got it with 20k miles on it and put another 10k on.

Main things I think need work:

1. Air filter
2. Exhaust (previous damage, dented pipe)
3. New front tire
4. Chain (low miles but it hasn't been used much recently) - interested in changing the sprocket
5. Oil change - no prob

Cosmetics:

1. Dents/cracks/holes in all plastics except the front fairing - I would like to do a black/white theme change
2. Fender eliminator
3. Lower exhaust mount - I have the Two Bros slip on. Can I switch out my dented pipe for a low mount pipe and still use it?
4. Flush mount turn signals

Any advice on where to pickup plastics? Should I have mine refinished?

What mods if any would you recommend for this bike? The FAQ is good so this thread will probably turn into a look what it turned out like post.

I would prefer to deal locally in SoCal...Ebay as a last resort.
Im Ordering My Plastics Off Of Ebay. Im Getting The Repsol Plastics. On The Tail Its Branded 600rr for pipe i went with a stock r6 pipe and i love it, got it for $52 on ebay (shipped) The Price your gonna pay for refinishing your plastics you can get brand new ones on ebay. Around $500 shipped

Attached Thumbnails Help me mod! w/pics-img_0027.jpg  
Old 08-05-2010, 02:26 PM

you can buy my scorpion exhaust.

local craigslist link:
http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/mcy/1858634403.html

Old 08-05-2010, 02:29 PM

sorry bout the plug.

mods for the bike? first thing I got were frame sliders. vortex or woodcraft for sure.
if you replace the chain, replace the sprokets as well. look at supersprox. they have a lifetime warranty if you use an EK chain i believe. good stuff.
every other mod is really up to you, be cosmetics or performance.

also, welcome!

Old 08-05-2010, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cakesf4i
Im Ordering My Plastics Off Of Ebay. Im Getting The Repsol Plastics. On The Tail Its Branded 600rr for pipe i went with a stock r6 pipe and i love it, got it for $52 on ebay (shipped) The Price your gonna pay for refinishing your plastics you can get brand new ones on ebay. Around $500 shipped
I like the R6 look. How is the sound? Pretty partial to my two bros at the moment. Did you cut the pipe yourself or did the stock length work?

Old 08-05-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by heyitsmelam
sorry bout the plug.

mods for the bike? first thing I got were frame sliders. vortex or woodcraft for sure.
if you replace the chain, replace the sprokets as well. look at supersprox. they have a lifetime warranty if you use an EK chain i believe. good stuff.
every other mod is really up to you, be cosmetics or performance.

also, welcome!
Thanks. I prefer something a little shorter than what you have for sale.

Since I am mostly looking at cosmetics I will pass on the chain/sprocket for now. Ordering sliders first.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by 4aiur
Thanks. I prefer something a little shorter than what you have for sale.

Since I am mostly looking at cosmetics I will pass on the chain/sprocket for now. Ordering sliders first.
good call. look into the hotbodies flushmounts and competition werkes eliminator. if you rather do an undertail instead, then look into the pimpbikes undertail or hotbodies, although it is more expensive, it's still an option.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:20 PM

I got a silver targa rear seat cowl if you're looking into going the silver route. I'm in socal too.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YAY somebody liked the FAQ's woot woot

Old 08-07-2010, 01:43 PM

Has anyone ordered from this site: http://www.sanseinc.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1

Any input on quality if you can. Hoping to get a reduced price for picking the item up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help me mod! w/pics