F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Help Finding Quality Stator Cover Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Finding Quality Stator Cover Upgrade

Hi all. I recently bought a new stator, and went to install it right away (so I can get back to riding!) when i realized what a pain in the *** it would be to take the plastics off later to replace my scratched (by previous owner) stator cover.

I figure I should replace the cover while I'm at it right? And upgrade if possible?

I've heard nightmares about the ones on Ebay, so that's out. Can you all recommend a reputable website/product? I'd like to go with a black, or black with "CBR" would be fine too (just cause that's what I've seen out there). No chrome. I just don't know which products/sites to trust. Thanks!!!

Old 04-30-2012, 02:08 PM

I reccomend the NRC Racing stator cover.

I had to replace mine and that's what I got.

I does only come in bare aluminum silver though but it fit perfect.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The HRC cover (if still avail) is very nice quality. Otherwise, stick w/ the factory part for the strongest application.

If you're just going for looks, beware of imitations & flashy bolt-ons.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:04 PM

yeah oem would definitely be your best(and probably cheapest) bet, even just a used one off ebay or cl thats in good condition. Your aftermarket options for stuff like this for the f4i is always going to be pretty limited. Tugboat mentioned NRC, i think yana shiki makes one still, but those are more expensive than oem.

Alternately you could always get a stator cover...cover. Im sure you could find a carbon fiber or similar type of cover that you can just adhere over your scratched stator cover if you wanna dress the bike up a bit while youre at it.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by nickp123
Alternately you could always get a stator cover...cover. Im sure you could find a carbon fiber or similar type of cover that you can just adhere over your scratched stator cover if you wanna dress the bike up a bit while youre at it.
That's a genius idea! If the 3M carbon fiber stickies aren't heat sensitive, you could totally use that. I might even do that this summer since I have a few scratches on my cover... Hmm..

Old 05-01-2012, 01:49 PM

After checking out the NRC and the Yana Shiki products, I'll just go with OEM, since I was just interested in going with a black cover, and those other options are pretty pricey. Yana Shiki supposedly makes it in black, but they're apparently pretty rare.

If I get hard-up down the line I'll consider powdercoating, or I'll take your advice Nickp123, and get one of those carbon fiber covers. Thanks agian..

By the way, for future reference, what websites do you all prefer ordering OEM and aftermarket parts (in general) from??

Old 05-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy with an R6 has a nice derlin stator cover, woodcraft maybe?

Never been able to find one (or an alternative) for the f4i. It's the first part that gets gouged up after a drop and then looks like crap.

Last edited by Sick97SS; 05-01-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:54 PM

if i want new oem stuff ill use bikebandit.com or dillon brothers is another good choice ive found, usually the cheapest too, dilloncycles.com

Old 05-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Amazing that nobody here has mentioned just painting the stock cover with some spray if you want black. I scratched my stock cover. I got some 500* engine black paint and sprayed it. Then I took some red 500* and a brush and painted in the "honda" cast into the cover. Looks great, simple and cheap.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:55 AM

Sick, I wasn't able to find derlin or woodcraft for the F4i either, and besides the woodcraft is like 200 bones. I already ordered an OEM, but I might paint it when it comes in.

bored, thanks for the idea. I like it. I'd mentioned powdercoat, because I don't want paint to flake down the line and look like crap. Is that 500* spray stuff reliable? and what brand?

nickp, thanks for the sites. Here's a list I've collected so far from your suggestion and other posts:

thestuntfactory.com
hondaparts-direct.com
motorcyclesuperstore
denniskirk
sportbiketrackgear
motosport.com
Ron Ayers

Quick Reply: Help Finding Quality Stator Cover Upgrade