F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Help!!! F4i Ohlins Mounting Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! F4i Ohlins Mounting Bracket

Hi guys!!!!

Well, i just bought a few toys for my f4i and i got an ohlins damper in mint conditions but it doesnt have the mounting bracket, so, i'm asking you to help me find out a way to install my new damper and what i have to do to make it. i think ill have to make the bracket of aluminum but i need SPECS!!!!!

Please help!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 03:40 PM

you should be able to contact ohlins and they should have all the mounting hardware you need. I'd check there first.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by asill
you should be able to contact ohlins and they should have all the mounting hardware you need. I'd check there first.
Yes, maybe i'll contact them but i want to know if its cheaper to do it myself, i need pics of it and detailed instructions lol

Old 11-02-2010, 03:48 PM

with something like that I'd almost go to the manufacturer for ti to be 100% effective. Maybe you can get the specs from Ohlins. Only way to find out is ask, whats the worst thing they are going to say, no?

Old 11-02-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by asill
with something like that I'd almost go to the manufacturer for ti to be 100% effective. Maybe you can get the specs from Ohlins. Only way to find out is ask, whats the worst thing they are going to say, no?
Yup, you're right

Old 11-02-2010, 04:25 PM

Im sure the mounting bracket wouldnt cost much at all from ohlins anyway, its just hardware. The dampers the expensive piece, the bracket couldnt be more than $20-30.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:18 PM
July 2010 ROTM

the brackets like 120 bucks, im sorry man, but on the f4i its a crazy lookin thing too

Old 11-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nickp123
Im sure the mounting bracket wouldnt cost much at all from ohlins anyway, its just hardware. The dampers the expensive piece, the bracket couldnt be more than $20-30.
ALL mounting brackets for pretty much ALL dampeners are from $100-$140. Note to yourself bro.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:29 PM

what brackets do you have?
there are 2 of them on mounts to you triple tree and one mounts to the 2 screws at the top
of the fuel tank and is a beam that comes up that is the part that is mounted to the slide bar and would not be very hard to make.
this is kinda what it looks likeHelp!!! F4i Ohlins Mounting Bracket-mounts.jpg
The one on the triple tree now would be the hard one to make because it has a lock pin in it that sits in the grove just under your main nut in the triple tree.
My bike is at My brothers house right now so I can't get you any specs on it sorry.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by joeroberts
what brackets do you have?
there are 2 of them on mounts to you triple tree and one mounts to the 2 screws at the top
of the fuel tank and is a beam that comes up that is the part that is mounted to the slide bar and would not be very hard to make.
this is kinda what it looks likeAttachment 12433
The one on the triple tree now would be the hard one to make because it has a lock pin in it that sits in the grove just under your main nut in the triple tree.
My bike is at My brothers house right now so I can't get you any specs on it sorry.
Thanks for the info bro.. If you can, take several pics of your damper and that will help a lot....ohhh btw i dont have any brackets, just have the damper....

Quick Reply: Help!!! F4i Ohlins Mounting Bracket