F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

HELP WITH BIKE TIP OVER!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP WITH BIKE TIP OVER!!

My idiot mother backed into my bike today. The corner of the exhaust and the rear peg broke the fall and there really isint any visable damage other than the scrape on the peg. She was only maybe going 2 miles per hour. When i went to go pick the bike up i smelled gasoline and sure enough there was a little puddle that leaked out to the ground. Is this normal or do I have something to worry about? Also the exhaust seems to be a little loose.. Not hanging by a thread loose but not so snug and tight either. What do i need to worry about and what might i need to do? Today seems to be a bad day because my friend also lowsided on my other bike. Im so pissed off its not even funny. Is the cbr safe to ride because i have a ton of plans tonight and tommorrow or should i not ride and make sure its running fine? Thanks yall

Old 09-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Default RE: HELP WITH BIKE TIP OVER!!

no there shouldnt be anything wrong...... unless it still is leaking..... did you start it up already?

Old 09-22-2007, 07:46 PM

Clean off any excess gas and start her up. Can't tell unless you try. Of course, just double check oil. If the exhaust moves enough to touch something plastic, worry about it. If it doesn't move enough to touch anything, don't worry because it won't melt anything. Sorry about the luck.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:21 PM

Thanks yall it started the first time and seems to be good. I dont think theres any oil leak either. Wish me luck on riding it tonight... ill post when i come back if anything seems to be wrong.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: trafficsucks

Thanks yall it started the first time and seems to be good. I dont think theres any oil leak either. Wish me luck on riding it tonight... ill post when i come back if anything seems to be wrong.
No problem. Keep us posted if there is anything else wrong. Ride safe.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:20 PM

prob just some excess gas coming out of the overflow hose... I think your good.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:47 AM

Just came back from riding and the bike seems fine.. well sorta.. maybe its just in my head and i went over some bumpy roads but the front does not seem stable when im leaned into a turn. Its fine going straight tho. Im talking about knee dragging leans when it does not feel stable. I just hope its my error and not something wrong with the bike. Thanks again yall.