F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

help with 600rr conversion.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Default help with 600rr conversion.

ok so i want to put a 600rr tail on. ive did alot of searching and reading but why do i need a 02-03 600rr tail? is that simply because of the looks? i like them better myself but iam ultimatly going with what i can find the cheapest for. i want to do an undertail exhaust and does anyone know for sure if the 600rr headers will fit an 02 f4i? if so ill just buy a full system and also do the swingarm conversion!

Old 07-27-2010, 10:10 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by adamw89_2000 View Post
ok so i want to put a 600rr tail on. ive did alot of searching and reading but why do i need a 02-03 600rr tail? is that simply because of the looks? i like them better myself but iam ultimatly going with what i can find the cheapest for. i want to do an undertail exhaust and does anyone know for sure if the 600rr headers will fit an 02 f4i? if so ill just buy a full system and also do the swingarm conversion!
All i have to say here is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO partner lol...

you can use any tail you feel like using... either way it requires alot of time and fabrication work

in order to do a undertail exhaust (which is what im doing) and have it turn out decent, you need to use a different subframe all together (this requires alot of time and fabrication skill)... or highly modify your current subframe...

as far as the actual exhaust goes im using a 1000rr's carbon fiber aka. exhaust... but im just doing header back so i cannot tell u whether the headers would fit or not... my guess would be not because the motors are different...

in the picture above you can see im goin to have to make some aluminum brackets to make the subframe fit correctly...

Last edited by __Z__; 07-27-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:39 AM

ok so a 600rr subframe would prob be my best be then right? i mean its no big deal for me to weld some new brackets and things on to make it bolt up to the stocks location. u answered my ? . i was thingnking everyone was using there f4i subframe but ok, ill check and see what kind of deal i can find on a rr subframe. thanks sounds like iam just goin to have to piece all this together one step at a time and prob end up making my own exhaust piping and all

Old 07-27-2010, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by adamw89_2000 View Post
ok so a 600rr subframe would prob be my best be then right? i mean its no big deal for me to weld some new brackets and things on to make it bolt up to the stocks location. u answered my ? . i was thingnking everyone was using there f4i subframe but ok, ill check and see what kind of deal i can find on a rr subframe. thanks sounds like iam just goin to have to piece all this together one step at a time and prob end up making my own exhaust piping and all
99% of people doing the rr tail dont want to do the exhaust so cutting and molding it to the f4i tail is no big deal but since you wanna do the tail and the exhaust converting the subframe turns 2 steps into 1... thats why i did it

Old 07-27-2010, 11:13 AM

excatly, i would think that if they did a tail swap why not and go ahead with the exhaust. looks so much cleaner in my opinion

Old 07-27-2010, 05:11 PM

I priced the 600rr swap finding all the parts needed on Ebay... to do the undertail exhaust I figured out I could probably just sell my f4i and buy a 600rr around where I live and only end up spending a couple hundred more than I would if I had bought all the parts for the conversion. I didn't scour ebay for the best deals, just looked one night to find the cheapest parts. Just something to take into consideration.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by rob02f4ikaos View Post
I priced the 600rr swap finding all the parts needed on Ebay... to do the undertail exhaust I figured out I could probably just sell my f4i and buy a 600rr around where I live and only end up spending a couple hundred more than I would if I had bought all the parts for the conversion. I didn't scour ebay for the best deals, just looked one night to find the cheapest parts. Just something to take into consideration.

then you don't know how to wheel and deal bro... I came out making money on my conversion... If you sell ur stock parts you can more than pay for the rr parts you need

Old 07-27-2010, 06:36 PM

true, iam an ebay guru and ill wait over a week watching just a single part. lol but hey, i find deals like no other! iam in no rush and until i have the arts on hand , i just ride like i have it now. prob be a good winter project iam guessing if i can ever get this damn wiring problem figured out

Old 07-27-2010, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18 View Post
then you don't know how to wheel and deal bro... I came out making money on my conversion... If you sell ur stock parts you can more than pay for the rr parts you need

I'm way too indecisive on what I want to do.. plus it drives me nuts to have my bike in pieces, so I wanna buy it all now, swap it all now and worry about selling stuff later. Doing it that way it just seemed easier to sell my bike and get a 600rr and pay a couple hundred bucks to save the time and hassle of swapping stuff out. But in all honesty I'd probably change my mind on it a hundred times before I decided what to do and stuck to it.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:03 PM

would it b easier if i used a exhaust off a 600rr or a 1000rr for my undertail or would it b easier if i just had the can and fabbed one up from scratch? i guess what iam asking is will a stock exhaust fit good or not with the swingarm conversion? thaanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help with 600rr conversion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.