F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

ok heres the deal. i got a naked f4i and am makin it a streetfighter so i took all the fairings off and the air hose thing up front and moved all the wires into there to keep them off of the front wheel (no fairing stay) and wired up a nice little fog light up front so its street legal and its been great for a few days and today rolls around and i ride into town and hang out then leave and i notice the (i have the light run to the high beam connecter) high beam light on the dash isnt on and thus the light isnt on. i cant get it to turn on the whole way home. then i hang out at my house and pull the bike onto the porch and the light is on.... wait till night and check it and its off again. what should i check? thanks
JonBrown
sorry for the long post
oh and i noticeda green short wire that is loose in the wiring harness and cant find where it goes it comes out of the harness at the same place the oj blinker comes out of.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Default RE: Help!

Check all your connections and then check the switch. I had mine get corroded and give me fits. If so...use some contact cleaner on it and call it a day.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:02 PM

sounds like you have a loose wire. if your connections are good, you may want to peel back the electrical tape(harness) , and check each wire. sometimes wires get pinched, and become half broken. good luck. hope i helped.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:20 PM

make sure you weld it too

boost the bike while you're at it [8D]

have you fixed the light yet jon?

12 bar on too?

Old 12-21-2007, 10:54 PM

ok i found out that it was a bad ground in the harness but i cant find out exactly where so i just wired up a direct relay to switch power to the headlight and it works. i guess i just cant use that end of the harness lol
thanks for the responses guys but i checked all and i think it is just a broken wire inside the cover. i peeled back the elec tape and checked all of it
thanks again
JonBrown