F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!

Hello, so i have a 2002 f4i, pretty sure either the shift fork, shift drum, or even 2nd gear itself is messed up. Whenever i shift into 2nd gear and give it gas it kicks out either into neutral 1st or 3rd. So the dealer i bought the bike from told me that instead of messing with the transmission, he gave me a 2000 honda f4 engine complete. Just curious if im wasting my time with the swap or even if its going to work. I plan on putting all the f4i stuff onto the f4 block.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:11 AM

So he wants to give you an f4 engine for your f4i instead of fixing your bike shifting out of 2nd gear? Id laugh at them and take it to somewhere thatll actually fix the problem and not offer you something useless to make you go away. Not to mention that the f4 is carbed so i dont know why you would want to put that in your bike. I wouldnt even bother with this dealer anymore. It could be something with the drumb causing 2nd to disengage and then engaging one of those other gears.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:15 AM

This dealer is different, they dont do servicing of bikes nor do they offer warrenty. So the dealer just offered me the 2000 engine but for me to do all the labor. And i was planning on just throwing all the fuel injection stuff on to the f4 block

Old 05-27-2011, 08:33 AM

Find out the differences between the 2000 F4 engine and 2002 F4i engine and if there are none, go for it. It's a lot of work (time consuming) to do the swap, but it shouldn't be that bad...and like you said, all the F4i stuff will be bolt on.

Why is he doing this though? Did you buy the bike from him and this is his way of making it right? If you don't want to do this swap (maybe mileage is high on the F4?), tell him you're getting it serviced and you expect to have him pay...

Old 05-27-2011, 09:03 AM

Is there anyone on here that would know the difference? Save me time looking it up.

And he said that he wanted to help me out. The mileage is higher on the f4i so thats why i was leaning to the swap.

Last edited by White_lightning; 05-27-2011 at 12:35 PM.