F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

help

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

Hey i jus got my bike back today for an oil change and seal replacement and i noticed 3 tube like wires hanging from the left side of my bike just behind the area near the kick stand and i think one of the is connected to the coolant box but the question is where do they go? help plz

Old 03-22-2010, 06:17 PM

on goes coolant over flow and the other two go to the bottom of your gas tank, one gas over flow and the other is a vent i believe

Old 03-22-2010, 07:50 PM

ok can u post a diagram or pics....im sorry ima newbie to this stuff....do i need to take the bike apart to plug them back in?

Old 03-22-2010, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Aceklub1
ok can u post a diagram or pics....im sorry ima newbie to this stuff....do i need to take the bike apart to plug them back in?
You dont need to do anything with them they are ment to hang there. They are there just in case the gas or coolant overflow and if they do they will just drip on to the ground on not on to your motor or inside your fairings

Old 03-22-2010, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aceklub1
You may want to step away from the bike and don't touch anything. I'm happy you're asking questions. Those tubes are there for a reason, and are supposed to be hanging by design. You have all the pictures in the world... in the main F4i forum there are F4i owners posting a TON of pics of their bike... click the link below and I'm sure you're bound to see the left side of someone's F4i and how the hoses look on the left-side.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/lets-see-your-bike-any-f4i-owner-come-inside-20438/

Old 03-22-2010, 08:06 PM

ok thanks u guys...i really appreciate it. i jus wanted to make sure nuthing was going to go wrong.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ yeah, pretty much what he said....

See the tubing hanging out the bottom of this F4i (just under the HONDA "A")? If that's what yours looks like, you're ok.
All CBRs have them somewhere.....

Name:  sideshot.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  112.7 KB

edit: nevermind, sounds like you got it...

Old 03-22-2010, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
^^ yeah, pretty much what he said....

See the tubing hanging out the bottom of this F4i (just under the HONDA "A")? If that's what yours looks like, you're ok.
All CBRs have them somewhere.....

edit: nevermind, sounds like you got it...
Ace I couldn't resist...that is one nice and clean lookin' bike.