F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Helmet visor

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw that the gm68 is DOT approved, but not snell approved

Old 02-22-2009, 01:03 AM

OK aken its seems some how you end up on all my post haveing something bad to say about it the gmax helmet is dot approved and u know what i am not to worryed about the cost.. the helmet it well made and it fits really well just like my Icon Domain 2 Serpecant that i am tired of now so im not to worryied about it and i would tell any one that is looking for a cheap good nice helmet to look at gmax helmets..

Old 02-22-2009, 04:20 PM

it looks like a custom visor. the visor clips are different that what comes on the helmet. Looks like someone cut a tinted visor then added an extra piece to the visor clip so that it could be mounted over top the clear visor. its a good idea when taking long trips so that you could flip up the tinted visor in low light. Dont think the tint kit is going to be the same thing u have pictured. Where did you find the picture?

Old 02-22-2009, 05:10 PM

the picture is from gmax website and westen power sport has the kit it is a the half tint visor my local bike shop ordered it for me and they say it is the same thing so we will see

Old 02-23-2009, 03:02 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Originally Posted by wvcbrf4i
OK aken its seems some how you end up on all my post haveing something bad to say about it the gmax helmet is dot approved and u know what i am not to worryed about the cost.. the helmet it well made and it fits really well just like my Icon Domain 2 Serpecant that i am tired of now so im not to worryied about it and i would tell any one that is looking for a cheap good nice helmet to look at gmax helmets..
It's just my opinion, man. Reading through the G-Max website, on their features page and such, I didn't see anything about DOT or Snell approval. Honestly, as a helmet company, I don't see how that would be something to be left out.

Personally, I would like to protect my bucket with a more expensive, high safety rated helmet from one of the bigger name brands. I don't like to go cheap when it comes to my safety. I'm glad you're wearing a helmet to begin with, so don't jump down my back because I have a different opinion than you.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:53 AM

The GM68 is certainly DOT approved (I have it) and fits great. This isn't the right post for a SNELL vs DOT argument, there are plenty of those elsewhere. As for the visor, the half-visor thing is the update for the 2009 year. I have last years design, and that one just included two separate visors instead of a clear and a half-faced tinted that you are asking about.

There also seem to be 2 different gmax websites (http://www.gmaxhelmet.com/ and http://www.g-max.com/gmax/index.html) In both of them, in the description of the GM68 shows DOT approval in the features. The main reasons I went with the GM68 was because of the price/looks and the fact it was webbikeworld's helmet of the year in 2008. To me, webbikeworld seems to have pretty unbiased reviews.

As for Aken having a different opinion, just take it in stride. He isn't trying to be malicious (I think ) just offering his 2 cents. Everyone will have different opinions, that's what makes this forums great!

Old 02-23-2009, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Aken
It's just my opinion, man. Reading through the G-Max website, on their features page and such, I didn't see anything about DOT or Snell approval. Honestly, as a helmet company, I don't see how that would be something to be left out.

Personally, I would like to protect my bucket with a more expensive, high safety rated helmet from one of the bigger name brands. I don't like to go cheap when it comes to my safety. I'm glad you're wearing a helmet to begin with, so don't jump down my back because I have a different opinion than you.
Ok so we can stop whining about what it is and isn't: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...et/gmax/gm68s/
"Its DOT approved and has a thermoplastic shell"
If you scroll down to the bottom and read the personal reviews you'll find some very happy GMAX customers whose lives have been saved by GMAX GM68s. If you don't like my website, I don't care I think they do a good job at equipment reviews and were very helpful when I chose my helmets. So can we please stay on topic and the topic is the two piece half tint visor. Some people just dont understand how a company can sell a their top line helmet for $120.00. It's because you're trying to break into a full face market with tons of other competitors and haven't proven yourself yet so it's the time to put some lids on the street and get your rep up.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:37 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Jesus, get a life. I really hope you're not an owner or employee of G-Max, because if so you just lost ANY chance of me recommending your helmets to anyone.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:48 PM

Thanks guys im glad to see that there is some ppl out there that are use a fourm for whats its ment to help each other and not just be one sided about something

Old 02-23-2009, 07:35 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Oh my god, do you people know how to read? Here, let me break it down into narrow-minded speak:

I was reading the FEATURES page on the G-Max website, and they make NO MENTION of any DOT approvals. I stated my OPINION based on this. I now see that the GM68 is DOT approved, however I don't see why that isn't something that would be expressed on their Features page! What kind of safety equipment company doesn't show a government safety approval as a feature on their website?!

wvcbrf4i, in case you haven't noticed, I've been on this forum for over a year helping other F4i owners where I can. I think I've got a pretty good grasp on what these forums are for. So if anyone is being one-sided, it's you people who sit here and insult me because I have a different opinion than you. Grow up.

Quick Reply: Helmet visor