F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Helmet Lock for F4i

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet Lock for F4i

I searched but couldn't find any recommendations. What is the best helmet lock for the F4i?? I need one baddd

Old 08-25-2009, 07:27 PM

ah...our bikes have helmet locks already(at least the 01-03's do....just pop off the passenger seat and theres little hooks on each side...hook on your helmet strap rings and lock the seat back on

Old 08-26-2009, 02:27 AM

You can get a gear lock or a simple steel cable with a lock (like those for a bicycle) could do. I usually lock it to the front forks. Cables/locks can range anywhere from 5 to 20 bucks. You can also lock your jacket/backpacks/anything not valuable, although I wouldn't recommended it. I've done it before, but only in broad day light and in busy streets, where I can keep an eye on the bike. ie a restaurant across the street.

The thing with locking it to your bike is, if it's parked in a shady area, people could cut the strap and steal your helmet. Of course they can cut the lock too but it'd be a bit more work for them.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:21 AM

I saw the handlebar helmet locks on eBay few months ago. I think they were universal.
Sounds nice - You might try a search...

Old 08-26-2009, 06:43 AM

True, thanks for the suggestions. I would do the rear seat locking thing, but I don't have a lockable key fob for the back seat. My bike is used and it's like broken.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:27 AM

Hey cbrnum is yours backseat just have like a little pull cable to open it? Think i have the same issue....dam previous owners....Red where are these hooks you speak of?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:34 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Code:
 I would do the rear seat locking thing, but I don't have a lockable key fob for the back seat.  My bike is used and it's like broken.
When I first bought my bike my seat lock was broke as well. The guy really did a complete ghetto way of fixing it. He took speaker wire and tied it to the locking mechanism then ran it out threw the rear cowl and put a key chain on it and that's how you would have to open it. I attached a pic so you can see what I am talking about. It the purple thing hanging down by the rear tire. I went to my local Honda dealer and for 30 bucks picked up a new cable and lock cylinder. Installed it in about 5 min, everything just clips right in and worth it cause now I can lock my helmet to my bike. Only thing that sucks is now I have 2 keys instead of 1. Highly suggest you do it as well.

Attached Thumbnails Helmet Lock for F4i-img_0658.jpg  
Old 08-26-2009, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by K7inne09
Hey cbrnum is yours backseat just have like a little pull cable to open it? Think i have the same issue....dam previous owners....Red where are these hooks you speak of?
Look at your rear seat from the side you will see your plastic has a little gap that you can see your subframe. That there is where the lock is.. Just put your dring on the hook, and put your seat back on.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:22 PM

my 05 has helmet locks already on it under the seat

Old 08-26-2009, 11:06 PM

see the black metal cross bar on the left? On each side right to the inside of the plastic there is one hook on each side.

Quick Reply: Helmet Lock for F4i