F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Headlights Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights Problem

My headlights doesn't work. Today, with a friend of mine, we checked the fuse, it's good.

if my short beam bulb is dead, does it effect my long beam bulbs too? Can it be the reason that none of my bulbs don't work?

Thanks in advance ppl.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Default RE: Headlights Problem

use a volt meter to measure if there is any output from the actual harness. And we can go from there

Old 07-21-2008, 03:30 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Replace the fuse anyway, just in case. They can be pretty stealthy even when blown sometimes.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Aken

Replace the fuse anyway, just in case. They can be pretty stealthy even when blown sometimes.
I replaced the fuse with the spare one in the box. No change.

I don't have anything that I can measure cables right now. I will stop by this cycle shop to get a new bulb and replace it. Still wondering if its the short beam bulb causing all those problems.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Banned

Same thing happened to me on my F4i my headlights just went out and all was good found out there is a headlight wire in the start switch take the 2 bolts out and check one is prolly broke off jus resod it

Old 07-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Banned

From what i heard its pretty common on the F4i other then that you got some wire hunting to do

Old 07-22-2008, 12:28 PM

ORIGINAL: ZDUB

Same thing happened to me on my F4i my headlights just went out and all was good found out there is a headlight wire in the start switch take the 2 bolts out and check one is prolly broke off jus resod it
I checked the start switch but didn't see any broken wires.

Once my headlights went out wh!le starting the engine and just touching the start switch it came back on... Last sunday I checked the fuse, the start switch and short/long beam switch and couldn't find any broken wires or anything suspicious.

One thing I am suspicious about is the bulb since it has a very small **** l!ke spot in the bulb. But the wires and everything in the bulb are ok, no broken wires.

But I am going to check the start switch again

Thnx

Old 07-22-2008, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: ZDUB

I just checked the wires again and you are right. the one the right is broken I need to solder it. Previously I just did an eye inspection but this time pushing it a little, noticed its broken.

Thank you for all the input !

Old 07-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Banned

K put your finger on it and see if it moves mine looked on there and then i touched it there should be to goin to the button and i believe the right 1 was the headlight good luck

Old 07-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Banned

Sorry abou the last post wrote it be4 i saw yours. glad thats what it was nothing like a cheap fix

Quick Reply: Headlights Problem