F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights

I know this has probably been talked about a million times, and there must be tons of How-Tos, but how do I get both my stock headlights to turn on instead of just one? If someone can send me a link to a How-To, that would be great.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Default RE: Headlights

I can't remember where the link was, but you will end up replacing your H7 bulbs with H4's. You have to get the H4 plugs from a civic, and then I don't remember what you do with the wiring. Do a search for f4i H4 headlightconversion, I bet you can find something.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:58 AM

...Turn on your highbeam

Old 04-23-2008, 12:01 PM

On a more serious note...there is a way to replace the bulbs to dual filament. The only downside is that the housing assembly for the bulbs are different for the low beam and high beam, so no matter what, one side would appear to be brighter than the other. And of course, you'll have to rewire.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:08 PM

For some reason i cant paste, but go to cbrworld.net and look under tutorials.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:35 PM

I thought the bulbs put out the same amount of light, they are both 12v55w ..
I thought all you really have to do is aim the high beam lower and then just leave the high beam on all the time ??
Correct me if im wrong ...PLEASE ....

Old 04-23-2008, 09:48 PM

I have tried leaving my brights on all the time. I swapped my bulbs out with the silvania silverlight bulbs though, so I get people bright lighting me alot.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Banned

the reflectors are different between Hi and lo. The patterns are different.The H4 swap looks great, but it may not be ideal.

I switched to a 6000K (or6500)HID and a silverstar highbeam (faster startup than a ballasted HID). There is plenty of light now with the stock reflectors, but I would not just aim down my high beam, when you want the high beam to light up a dark country road, you won't have it. Ideally, you want a real HID ready reflector, because the stock reflector is sloppy with HID, but I don't think my light bothers too many drivers.

Do some searches on your options, this subject has been covered really well and you'll be able to make a good decision when done. Good luck.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:19 PM

So would you be able to purchase a broken headlight off of ebay for couple bucks, take the low beam reflector out and swap it with your hi reflector ?
would that work ?

Old 04-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Banned

So would you be able to purchase a broken headlight off of ebay for couple bucks, take the low beam reflector out and swap it with your hi reflector ?
would that work ?
They look very similar, but you wouldn't have a high beam then..I think.

The low beam reflector is optimized for low beam, ditto for the high beam. With two low beams you will get great low beam performance, but high beam would probably suck. I know when I want high beams at night there is a reason, I wouldn't want to lose that.

Quick Reply: Headlights