F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight problem

hey guys i know i havent posted much since joining the site.

my headlight has stopped working completly. no low beam no high beam no high beam indicator, i checked the fuse its fine i even replaced it witha brand new fuse still nothing i checked the bulbes and also replaced them still nothing. i cant figure out what it is.
if anyone has any ideas or suggetsions please help me im losing my patience . and i called the shop where i bought my bike from and all the guy could tell me is to drop off my bike and that he would get around to it sometime next week(not my favorite option).

so please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Default RE: headlight problem

what happened when they stopped working. Did you try rewiring something? Did you hit a large bump? Take something apart and not plug it back in? Try checking the relays as well those could be unplugged or wires could have been stripped. They are inbetween the headlights, they are two black boxes.

Old 12-07-2006, 06:14 PM

i hit bumps all the time i live in new jersey the birthplace of potholes.

im guoing to go re-check all of my wires again thanks for the input

Old 12-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Getting a multimeter might save you some sweat... you could check resistance from after the fuse (after removing the fuse, dont connect the multimeter to the battery end of the fuse) to see if the wires have continuity through the switch, bulbs and back... that could help locate the problem. multimeters are lik $7 and useful in checking whether your battery's alive, whether fuses are intact etc etc.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:08 PM

is it possible that when one bulb burns out or pops that the headlight wont work?

Old 12-07-2006, 08:02 PM

your indicator light should be showing if the bulbs were still out, does your blinkers work? If they dont then your main harness might not be plugged in.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:49 PM

all other lights on my bike work fine. ive replaced both bulbs and visually checked all the wiring and connections and all seem fine. im getting a voltmeter today so ill be able to check the wires with it later tonight.

Old 12-08-2006, 08:55 PM

my bike does the same. but the headlights come back on after a few tries at starting the bike.

When I start my bike, all the lights work fine, but the headlights don't work. what i do is i flick the starter button; if u don't know, when you push the starter button the headlights turn off to allow more power to start and then turn back on when the bike starts. I just flick it really fast to make the lights turn on. I keep doing it until they do turn if it doesn't work the first time. I don't hold it down cuz i think it's bad for the bike when it's already on.

but if ur headlights don't turn on at all... then sorry, I'm not too good with electrical stuff.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:03 AM

well whats the solution? i have the same problem

Old 05-20-2007, 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: motonewbie

well whats the solution? i have the same problem
im trying to find a solution also. Heard honda has problems with the starter button assembly on the right side handlebar and if you replace it, lights work again. Switch is $70, wanna make sure before i purchase one.

Quick Reply: headlight problem