F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Head Light idea!

Old 10-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior
Default Head Light idea!

Hey guys don't know if any one has thought of this or even tried it. So I want to go with dual headlights. What if you took a junk headlight pulled the reflective houseing out the L side and put it on the right side of your Old one so you have two low beam reflectors.

That way your could run dual lights with minimal problems. Could run higher wattage bulbs like 80w instead of the 55w.

Let me know your thoughts ideas. I would like to go projectors but havn't figured out where to pick up desint ones that arn't going to crap out. Love the look of the R1/R6 lights but can't seem to find a pair of scrap ones.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:09 AM

The reflectors are only a problem with lighting. The real issue with a dual setup comes with the small guage wire used. I built a dual setup using the oem setup after my brothers attempt using the harness ended in a melted plug and was caused other electrical issues. IMO the best way is what I did. 2 relays. Wire it up so the first relay is energized by the ignition switch. When powered the contacts should be made to feed power from battery through the first relay into the throw side of the second relay. Then the coil of the second relay is wired off the hi/lo switch. Of course all new wire from the relays to the headlights but after this mod no more electrical issues. The bike ran great and the headlights worked awesome. Now the reflector stuff still needs to be addressed somehow but I didnt mess with that. Unfortunately for me my bike was totalled but I can help with relay info and wiring if you decide you want to go that route.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:48 AM

You wouldn't happen to have that old head light would u?
I am looking for one doesn't have to be whole or complete want it for research.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:05 AM

I would never do that. I need my high beam too much. It makes a good deer spotter on the backroads!

Old 10-21-2010, 09:15 AM

Sounds like it should work. I dont know how hard it is to remove just the reflectors. But hi-beams are wayyyy to important IMO.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:31 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

drunkin i got a low beam side reflector ill sell u for cheap... haha and yes i can sadly say i have that laying around

Old 10-21-2010, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by R1_CBR600-1000RR_CBR600F4i_Z View Post
drunkin i got a low beam side reflector ill sell u for cheap... haha and yes i can sadly say i have that laying around
HAHA thought u might have some stuff lying around. Yea dont know if you have the whole assembly or just the lens let me know what u got.

Well what i am thinking is taking 2 low beams and then do the HID install that way the High beam isn't as glaring.
Let me know thoughts Ideas. I really want to go projections but can't seem to find a good set.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:51 PM

I used dual filament bulbs like the F4 and cut them down to fit the stock placement. Didnt lose high beams got dual low and high. As far as having something for you to research im afraid not. My frontend was completely smashed when the guy made the left in front of me.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:48 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by drunkinmist View Post
HAHA thought u might have some stuff lying around. Yea dont know if you have the whole assembly or just the lens let me know what u got.
lol i literally have the low beam reflector lens haha... i mean its got all the brackets and stuff on it too but yea

idk y i have stuff like this sitting around my house...

i also have mis. r6 projector parts too haha

Old 10-22-2010, 11:20 AM

^

I imagin(spell??) your house is cluttered with random bike shet

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Head Light idea!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.