Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hate the left single 'low beam' light

No prob, we all have off days [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Sorry about your loss

Old 12-24-2006, 06:37 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Gee, sorry to hear Bikesnjeeps, what a time for all that, too. Other than that, hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Yeah, these bikes kick major ***! They're fun and easy to ride. Controls are smoothe. I've been riding off and on over a year, but I just got this, my first bike in the beginning of this past September. Wise choice, I was first contemplating on getting a Kawasaki ZZR600. I obviously got a better bike!

Old 12-25-2006, 01:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: ddaren

good job taking my advice. I also highly highly highly recommend getting HID's. If you will get them, get the 6000K bulbs because they're the closest to day light... going to 8000K and above goes into the deep blue and purple and the brightness gets lower.

Most people use their high beams in very low lit places so they can see well ahead. Since you won't have your high beams, HID's will light up the entire road completely.
Daren,

Can you put up a link for where you get your HIDs?

Thanks

Old 12-25-2006, 04:52 AM

yea HIDs sound like a good idea, i just use my high beams all the time and its never been a problem (yet)

Old 12-25-2006, 05:25 AM

What? A Kawi ZZR600 doesn't even compare to an F4i! I rode a ZZR600 for a day and I thought it was more of a bike for people learning how to ride more than anything else. Good choice to stick with the CBR. When you get more comfortable you might even move up to a 1000RR.

ORIGINAL: NeoClone

Gee, sorry to hear Bikesnjeeps, what a time for all that, too. Other than that, hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Yeah, these bikes kick major ***! They're fun and easy to ride. Controls are smoothe. I've been riding off and on over a year, but I just got this, my first bike in the beginning of this past September. Wise choice, I was first contemplating on getting a Kawasaki ZZR600. I obviously got a better bike!

Old 12-25-2006, 05:26 AM

I ride around with my high beams on all the time as well. To hell with cagers, I'd prefer they get blinded knowing that I'm there than they assume there's no bike around them.

BTW: Nice Z28, I almost bought a '97 WS-6 several years ago but I got broke.

ORIGINAL: BadAzF4i

yea HIDs sound like a good idea, i just use my high beams all the time and its never been a problem (yet)

Old 12-25-2006, 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: jimd2p
Can you put up a link for where you get your HIDs?

Thanks
+1

Old 12-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Cry For The Devil

I ride around with my high beams on all the time as well. To hell with cagers, I'd prefer they get blinded knowing that I'm there than they assume there's no bike around them.
Yeah, and being a d!ck helps people respect the rest of us on two wheels that aren't a$$holes.

Old 12-25-2006, 06:38 PM

i got them from xenonpros.com

it's the mcculloch motorcycle kit. 6000K.

Technically, you can still use the car kit and have no problems. But I e-mailed them about the difference and they said the difference between a motorcycle kit and a car kit is that the motorcycle's ballasts are a lot smaller since it's hard to find space for ours. Also, the wires are longer so we can locate them anywhere.

Old 12-25-2006, 07:04 PM

Respect is earned, not given. Everyone knows that. Andrespect means nothing when you're dodging some crazy cager who nearly runs you over. Respect won't save your life, luck and skill will. And if respect is what you're looking for, then riding a bike is the wrong thing for you. Perhaps you should move onto a scooter. The only respect motorcyclists get from cagers are the cagers who actually ride as well. Otherwise damn nearly everyone thinks we're outlaws or stunters or some sort of negative element on the road. I do whatever it takes to make sure that cagers see me, if it means pissing off a couple of cagers, so be it. Better they be pissed off at me knowing that I'm there than they suddenly change lanes not thinking that there is actually a bike right beside them.

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: Cry For The Devil

Yeah, and being a d!ck helps people respect the rest of us on two wheels that aren't a$$holes.

Quick Reply: Hate the left single 'low beam' light