F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Hate the left single 'low beam' light

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hate the left single 'low beam' light

I hate the factory set left single 'low beam' light on my '06 CBR600F4i. I heard that there's a way to modify it to the dual lights on (without high beaming). Anyone know anything about this that can help? I'd appreciate it!

Aloha,
Royce (a.k.a. NeoClone)

Old 12-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hate the left single 'low beam' light

Search it man. There are dozens of threads about it. Shoot, any time you have a question about anything, period, do a search of the forum. I will almost guarantee that anything you might want/need to know has already been posted about 20 times. Getting tired of reading a million reposts.

Old 12-23-2006, 01:28 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who pee'd in your cheerios? Just a thought but when someone new shows up in your neck of the woods how about lending a helping hand along with the advice? no offense and sorry to be so blunt but thought I'd see how it feels to act like an **** [8D]

Neo, see if this link helps: F4i Dual Headlight Mod

Old 12-23-2006, 01:48 AM

A tip that most people don't suggest is to just aim your high beam down.

Ever since I got HID's on my bike... I turned the high beam to the lowest setting, basically focused on a spot on the ground about 6-7 ft in front of the bike. If you're willing to lose your high beam, just do that. You can be like me and runboth low and high while not blinding anyone.

I never used the high beam when it was on the normal setting... I'd rather look normal with 2 lights than have a high beam.

Lemme know if u need some help with adjust the aim.

Old 12-23-2006, 11:38 AM

I have spent alot of time looking for the easiest, safest, cheapest, most reliable mod for the dual light.--turns out there
is a switch right on the left clip-on. Like ddaren said, just aim the headlights downand run them both all the time. quick easy and cheap

Old 12-23-2006, 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: bikesnjeeps

Search it man. There are dozens of threads about it. Shoot, any time you have a question about anything, period, do a search of the forum. I will almost guarantee that anything you might want/need to know has already been posted about 20 times. Getting tired of reading a million reposts.
WOW lolz lol some one woke up in a bad mood =] dont forget we are honda motorcycle forum.. not a cager one =]

Old 12-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, thanx and sorry dudes, I ran the search after I posted that one. Anyways, I think I'll go with what Ddaren and Krash suggested. I was thinking that when I read that the bulbs were the same but just in opposite positions. It just looks like you have a headlight problem with just the left side lit, from the oncoming traffic's view. Plus, dual lights on in the daytime looks way more COOL!
Hahaha... peed in the Cheerios ...gotta remember that one. =D

Old 12-24-2006, 12:42 AM

i personally like that single light that they made i havent had any trouble with it and when i need high beam wich is allot of time.. i have it there. just my thoughts.....i gives that nice look with single light on ......specially if u got some HID's wich is i dont but love to....

Old 12-24-2006, 01:36 AM

Sorry bout earlier post. Been a $*^*er of a week. Uncle died, found out my near-ex hasn't made a mortgage payment on a house my name is tied to in about 5 months. The weather is poopy so I can't ride to top it off. Didn't mean to come off as an ****. I do get tired of people telling me I have a light out, but I knew about it when I bought it. I love the bike.

Old 12-24-2006, 03:07 AM

good job taking my advice. I also highly highly highly recommend getting HID's. If you will get them, get the 6000K bulbs because they're the closest to day light... going to 8000K and above goes into the deep blue and purple and the brightness gets lower.

Most people use their high beams in very low lit places so they can see well ahead. Since you won't have your high beams, HID's will light up the entire road completely.

Quick Reply: Hate the left single 'low beam' light