F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Handle vibration on brand new F4i

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handle vibration on brand new F4i

Hi, I'm breaking in my new F4i for a couple of days now. I just noticed quite a bit of handle vibration during riding. It's nothing from excess engine vibration I think. Perhaps this is me since I haven't ridden for years and just got back into it again.

But after riding for 30 min or so, I still feel the vibration in my hands like the one you feel after using a power tool. I have Firstgear Burnout gloves which is kind of not too heavy duty.

it's just me who just have to get used to it, gloves or bike being brand new and has only 110 miles or so? I also feel the clutch lever being a little hard to pull and may ask a dealer to soften it if it's possible.

Old 08-08-2005, 04:53 AM
Default RE: Handle vibration on brand new F4i

i have the same feeling rite now...i think i'm just gonna adjust my front front shock tension to softer

Old 08-08-2005, 06:06 AM

Is it something you can do it yourself or do I have to take it to a dealer? How many miles you have?

Old 08-08-2005, 07:19 PM

Take it to your dealer. Maybe one of your wheels needs re-balanced (?).

Old 08-09-2005, 05:48 AM

A good suggestion. I will do that!!

Old 02-02-2006, 01:32 AM

Hi all there !

Mine is a 2006 model, has just 20 days and 400 miles from factory and vibrations are really untolerable ! After 20 minutes running I have to stop 4 or 5 ´ to move my hands.

I´m thinking in new handle lever grips ( Pro Grip gels ) and more heavy bar ends but want your experience about modifications for this problem.

My last bike was a GSX 750 and never had this lever vibrations, dón´t know what the problem is!

Thanks in advance

Jorge

Old 02-02-2006, 01:36 AM
Retired Mod

if the vibrations are really that bad, i would say there has to be a problem with the bike. every new rider notices some vibration. some of it is the bike, some of it is the rider's nerves. if it truely feels like something is wrong, there probably is. take it to a dealer or shop.

Old 02-02-2006, 02:34 AM

Based on my own experience, it was the way I put too much weight on my hands. As it saids above, try using your ab and keep your grip firm but flexible, grip tank firmly and you should be ok. I got vibrating hands every time I ride for first month or so. Then as I put less weight on my arm, it was fine. A new grip didn't help for me. It was my weight distribution. Hope it helps!!

Old 02-02-2006, 02:54 AM

1. tire pressure
2. suspension
3. tire balance
4. too much body pressure in the handle bar, grap the tank with ur feet.

Old 02-02-2006, 05:45 AM

Its a buzzy bike, thats just the way it is. I have Olympia Gel gloves for the street. While they do make blipping the throttle while on the brake a little bit harder, my hands never get numb. The first thing that gets uncomfortable for me is my backside because of the honda hard seat but never my hands. When I ride the bike up my driveway for a wash without gloves on, I can notice a huge different in vibration. Its a small displacement motor that is peaky and I dont think that it is counter-balanced, so its going to have vibration.

Quick Reply: Handle vibration on brand new F4i