F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Got a ticket for 162mph today...Does a stock 06CBR f4i go that fast?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 01:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got a ticket for 162mph today...Does a stock 06CBR f4i go that fast?

Good point Tahoe. Anyone can go fast in a straight line. The skill comes not only in cornering, but MOST importantly in smooth and safe braking. We all know how many mistakes and crashes happen because people don't know how to work the brakes properly.

Old 12-27-2006, 04:36 AM
Default RE: Got a ticket for 162mph today...Does a stock 06CBR f4i go that fast?

looks like the ticket was changed to me.

im over the high speed stuff. im just trying to get down on some parking lot fun these days. but dont get me wrong i still hit up the streets, just not wrecklessly.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:51 PM

I just got a Garmin GPS unit that I use the trip function on. I've verified my speedo with the max velocity trip function it has in it. The suction cup worked out great over 100mph. Of course most of us if not all of us have taken our bikes 130+. I doubt anyone on here could in truth say that they haven't. I agree that it should be discouraged though. The enjoyment and sport as a whole cannot continue if we're all getting killed.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Jenk2k

The enjoyment and sport as a whole cannot continue if we're all getting killed.
Nor can affordable insurance rates!

i'll admit, i have taken my bike up to triple speeds and not at the track either. only problem with that is that after hitting say 150, you rarely slow back down to 80mph...cause you slow to 110 and all of a sudden it feels 'slow'...so you stay there...very dangerous...yes tahoe was a newb at this time and now would NEVER do that again...even on a track...them straights at the track just bore me...hahahah

if you must do so...take it to the track...if you can't...take it to a desolate stretch of road where no one would be driving whatsoever...going that speed, if you kill someone else...they will surely get you for some sort of manslaughter...but the good thing is that you won't be around to do the time!

just play it safe aight?

Old 12-27-2006, 02:14 PM

Let this thread die, It will be best for all involved.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC
tahoe was a newb at this time and now would NEVER do that again...even on a track...them straights at the track just bore me...hahahah
Wuss

Old 12-27-2006, 03:15 PM

My take is this, he rode fast. Ok your cool, it almost sounds like your laughing it off. You'd think your main issue would be the raping your local court system is about to give you and the ins comp will pull the end of that train without lube. I cant condone riding fast but if your gonna do it dont get caught. Because now for everyother rider in your area you just made them #1 target for cops if they werent already. Bad enough most drivers and cops hate us. Why keep giving them reasons to. Thanks for fitting the stereotypical biker profile the rest of us get pinned with.

Old 12-27-2006, 03:22 PM

Stock bikes will do around 150 or so depending on rider and conditions. I think 156 is posted from Honda. As for everything else...good that there was no accident. That is scary fast and anything can happen. I've been in triple digit speeds many times and it never ceases to amaze me how quick it gets there. As for the ticket...suck it up and pay it. No one ever made you go that fast. I've paid many tickets over the years and yeah it sucks but it's my own fault.

Old 12-27-2006, 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: NeoClone

Oh trust me, they can hit that. Today I hit 100 with ease, and it wasn't even showing any sign of struggling. Of course, I would never do that to my bike by bringing her that fast (160 and above). My baby's still a youngling... she's broken in and all, but come on.... how fast do you have to go to enjoy the ride? Hell, I almost got ticketed for doing 80 (really was doing 90), but luckily I know an officer in the force, so I dropped his name and got just a warning. It's good to know someone in the local force really well!

lol dude, i have an oldsmobile that'll hit 100 with ease.... everything does 100, lol.

lol and as far askids convincing their parents to buy them a motorcycle...nobody likes douchebag kids whos mommy and daddy take them to a dealership and buy them a bike get off their knee and get a job and get it yourself, spoiled *** kids, i tell ya! maybe not everyones like that, but if i cant get something myself, i'll work my *** off until i can. id be ashamed to try to get my parents to buy me anything like that:-p

Old 12-27-2006, 04:10 PM

"Let this thread die"

Gimme a break... as long as there are motorcycle enthusiasts you will have one dude saying "be safe" and the other saying "hey i love going fast i didnt mean to be unsafe."

I don't think it is condoning it to talk openly and freely about doing something even if it isunsafe or irresponsible, and it's not very nice to criticize or be rude or elitist towards someone who has done irresponsible things on their bike. We all have done it. You can't teach someone anything by punching em in the face....but with some compassion you might be able to win someone over to be smart next time they kick it up on the open highway. It's tempting as hell and we all know it.

Quick Reply: Got a ticket for 162mph today...Does a stock 06CBR f4i go that fast?