F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Got a ticket for 162mph today...Does a stock 06CBR f4i go that fast?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got a ticket for 162mph today...Does a stock 06CBR f4i go that fast?

ORIGINAL: Cry For The Devil

Heh heh! That's some funnny s---t. Kick the guy's dead body? Give the guy a break, who hasn't ripped their bike or wondered what their bike's capabilities are. Damn, hell if I had a scooter I'd be maxing that bad boy out too.
Well, I admit I've had some fun and went really fast. But I make sure there's noone around, I know the road and it's smooth, and no cops. But I hate traffic... period. I remember last year, there was a person who jumped off an overpass onto the freeway and killed himself. All lanes shut down, major traffic. A week later, in the same month, another person does it. HOLY SH**. Most people were saying... if you're gonna kill yourself. make sure you do it in your house or something.

Yes... traffic drives me crazy.

Old 12-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Banned
Default RE: Got a ticket for 162mph today...Does a stock 06CBR f4i go that fast?

next time take a picture of your speedometer to prove to the 'unbelievers' in our midst.

I am personally outraged by the lack of support by out sportbike community for those of us that want to experience the maximum performance of our machines. I say "If I want to staple cheese to my face and slather mayonaise on my *** I should be allowed to'. Remember a stallion's got to run and run free. So get back out there and try to get a ticket at 163 or 4, but don't forget to take a pic of the speedo for all the non-believers. As for me, 108 was fast enough, I got nowhere to be, let alone be in that much of a hurry.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:17 AM

if theres no traffic then i see no problem with rippin up the road. sucks you got caught though.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:33 AM

You put yourself as well as others in danger riding that fast.Plus, it always upsets me to hear a rider got killed, even if it was their own damn fault. I don't blame people for going off on you. Save that speed for the track.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:57 AM

man, I'm torn here. As an NCO, I can't believe you would risk giving up your SGLI for an adrenaline rush. As a rider, I can't believe you let them catch you. Have fun walking to work I guess.

Old 12-26-2006, 02:05 AM

ORIGINAL: gittinitup

OMG look at all these freakin saints like no one hear has ever got on there bike on an open road and just opened her up!!!! Yall are given him a hard time cause he spead and now he is braggin about his ticket, maybe he is lieing maybe he not who knows who cares!
Yeah, I've opened mine up, but if you go back and read the original post, he went that speed for EIGHT ****ING MILES. Getting up that fast for a few seconds is risky enough, but actually CRUISING at that speed is absolutely RETARDED!

Old 12-26-2006, 03:31 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh trust me, they can hit that. Today I hit 100 with ease, and it wasn't even showing any sign of struggling. Of course, I would never do that to my bike by bringing her that fast (160 and above). My baby's still a youngling... she's broken in and all, but come on.... how fast do you have to go to enjoy the ride? Hell, I almost got ticketed for doing 80 (really was doing 90), but luckily I know an officer in the force, so I dropped his name and got just a warning. It's good to know someone in the local force really well!

Old 12-26-2006, 05:45 AM

"Oh trust me, they can hit that. Today I hit 100 with ease"

Go to a track!

Old 12-26-2006, 11:42 AM
BB

I've seena fewtests for the F4 and they all show a top speed of about 155. I think they do a two way average, so it seems possible that they'll break 160 going with the wind. But I find it hard to believe you could keep it up for 8 miles on a public highway without coming up on other traffic, even when there aren't many people on the road.

Old 12-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: NeoClone

Oh trust me, they can hit that. Today I hit 100 with ease, and it wasn't even showing any sign of struggling. Of course, I would never do that to my bike by bringing her that fast (160 and above). My baby's still a youngling... she's broken in and all, but come on.... how fast do you have to go to enjoy the ride? Hell, I almost got ticketed for doing 80 (really was doing 90), but luckily I know an officer in the force, so I dropped his name and got just a warning. It's good to know someone in the local force really well!
obviously you have not ridden long enough to know the bike...it does struggle once you get up to about 140...
as for those who claim about wanting to test out the bike's performance...true performance on the bike is in the turns...not in the straights...if it was for the straights, the swinger would be much longer. as far as skill...it takes skill to launch the bike off the line, takes skill to corner, but it doesn't take any skill to roll the throttle, pin it and wait to see how fast it takes you...in fact, a monkey can do that.

good for all of you who want to ride insanely fast like that on public road with others around...but when you do crash...don't expect pity from anyone...

Quick Reply: Got a ticket for 162mph today...Does a stock 06CBR f4i go that fast?