F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Got my first ticket last night

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my first ticket last night

and its my first ticket all together on a bike or in a car ind it really pisses me off it was for doing 70 in a 55 but the bs part about it is there were cars going faster than i was and he decides to pull me over but whatever i was speeding now its time to see if i can get outta this ticket

Old 08-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Default RE: Got my first ticket last night

Remember you are on a sportsbike. It's like driving a yellow ferrari. If there is a choice you are probably going to be it.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:17 PM

guess it doesnt help my bike is yellow too huh? lol

Old 08-24-2006, 09:31 PM

ORIGINAL: BMoneyF4i
but the bs part about it is there were cars going faster than i was and he decides to pull me over
Now you know how a duck or quail feels when they get shot down out of a bunch taking off... lol

Old 08-24-2006, 09:42 PM

just don't speed...lol

Old 08-25-2006, 09:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Stephens

just don't speed...lol
Now that wouldn't be any fun at all would it?

Old 08-26-2006, 11:10 PM

Of course not, just don't get caught. lol

Old 08-27-2006, 08:55 PM

Sorry you got a ticket bro, tell the judge that you speedometer was busted. Say to him that you dropped the bike and the electronic **** is not working too well. Im sure you can come up with something better.

Thats nothing... I got a ticket for 40mph on a bike. The undercover po-po was just pissed because I passed him. Yes, I did go around him, however; he was rolling at 12 mph. He had no radar and he was no beside me to clock the right speed. Im not really sure how he came up with 40mph...
Bottom line is that my friends are still laughing at me for getting a ticket on a bike goin 40....

Old 08-27-2006, 09:02 PM

ORIGINAL: alekinci

Sorry you got a ticket bro, tell the judge that you speedometer was busted. Say to him that you dropped the bike and the electronic **** is not working too well. Im sure you can come up with something better.
That really won't work worth a crap AND the judge will laugh at you because you are admitting to having faulty equipment.

If you are going to go with an "affirmative defense" (never wise) then you could attempt to state that since the traffic around you was travelling faster than the posted speed, AND motorcycles are less visible to other motorists you did not feel that you would be driving defensively by obeying the speed limit. I still don't think it would work, but it's better that "my speedometer dosent work", and it's not a lie. If you get a judge with time on his hands he could always impound your bike and have it inspected.[:@]

Old 08-27-2006, 10:43 PM

I dont know Blackdog, I think admitting that you knowingly broken the law is far worse than saying that your equipment is messed up. Going faster than moving traffic does not show defensive tactics but more aggression than anything else.

Like I stated prior; anyone can come up with a better explanation that I gave but, admitting that you’re wrong is the worse way to start a conversation with a government official. You might want to use that as the last line of words if you think it helps but that should not be your primary cop-out.

Stuff fails on the bikes all the time, everyone knows about that. Its not a 50 g car (which can have problems as well).
BMoneyF4i, just pay some guy 10 bucks to get a receipt saying he did some work with your instrument panel and show it to the judge. Say the bike “had” problems and “now” it’s taken care of. Pay the fine and try not to get points.
Stay safe.

Quick Reply: Got my first ticket last night