F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Good Integrated Light or POS!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Integrated Light or POS!?

I am looking into buying this integrated tailight off ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/INTEGRATED-TAIL-L...1%7C240%3A1318

does anyone have one? does it look ****ty? The clear alternatives is pretty expensive and i dont like how the LED lights dont go to the edge of the light (only a rectangle in the middle lights up)

let me know, i really appreciate it!

"Cam from Canada"

Old 11-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Default RE: Good Integrated Light or POS!?

I am happy with the way mine turned out. I got the smoke colored one and just installed it last week. The only problem I am running into now is that the lights are blinking really quick because of the LED's.. I installed the resistors correctly but maybe the front signals need resistors also. Anyone have any tips for making not blink so fast? The brakes work fine and are much brighter than the stock one.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:13 PM

For about another 90 bucks you can get yourself a real undertail like what I got. If you figure cost plus shipping its a better deal to go with an undertail.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:46 PM

i hate those dual light undertails, i am just going for the integrated light and a fender eliminator. your bike looks sick though stephens, especially that pipe, i just ordered mine!

let me know what everyone thinks of that integrated? thanks

Old 11-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have that taillight on my bike and I've been very happy with it! Only thing that stopped working were the little white LED's that point down to light up the license plate light. Other than that everything else is fantastic though!

My roomate also has this same one on his F4i, and is very happy with it as well (and his license plate lights still work too). When I ride behind him I never have a problem seeing it... very bright!

Old 11-20-2008, 11:25 PM

hey camster88...you got a Two Bros pipe also? Just wait til some of your packing burns up. Then your roar will get even deeper. Ride around up to 10 or 12K in first gear and then let of the throttle and listen to the rumbling roar. It can be heard for a long ways.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:54 AM

i have the same light and i had the same thing happen that thirdgenlxi said...the white led's that light up the license plate quit working after about 6 months. the tail lights, brake lights and turn signals work great-but the white led's for the license plate only work about half the time.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:04 AM

i had one of those on my bike when i bought it. i'm not sure how long it was on there but i had problems with it from the very start. for the first 3-4 days, everything worked fine. then the left turn signal stopped working. so i finally rewired the turn signal, but it will still randomly not work. it is a huge pain in the *** and i'm pretty sure the problem is the unit is just a cheap POS. i bought an undertail kit from idealcycle and i've had no trouble with it.
go with the undertail stephens is talking about. i'm pretty sure you'll have to get a fender eliminator anyway, and you'll actually come out ahead in cost with the one from idealcycle.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:27 AM

camster - let me know how it is when you get it...i plan on getting this, and then a fender eliminator/undertail that works with the stock/stock-ish tail light..should look hot

Old 11-21-2008, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Stephens

hey camster88...you got a Two Bros pipe also? Just wait til some of your packing burns up. Then your roar will get even deeper. Ride around up to 10 or 12K in first gear and then let of the throttle and listen to the rumbling roar. It can be heard for a long ways.
i get the roar with my hindle too, just followed by back fire and flames shooting out. I will address that problem in the spring

Quick Reply: Good Integrated Light or POS!?