F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Going to look at an F4i, have questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to look at an F4i, have questions.

Hi everyone, new here.

Hopefully I will be going to look at an 01 F4i later today. I've been in the market for a sport bike for a while now, and have really just been taking my time, but this one sounds promising. Onto the bike. Like I said, it is an 01 with 15k miles. Polished frame, wheels and swingarm. Stretched a bit, 4" maybe?, power commander, Yoshi exhaust, lowered, air shifter, I guess it has some motor work done to it as well. The guy says it's quick, which I don't really care about. I just want something that looks nice and I can enjoy.

What I am wondering is, what should I be sure to look for. I'm no stranger to bikes or motors so I know the obvious things, but are their certain things with these bikes that I need to be aware of? Recalls or things like that?

I'm hoping to pick it up for 35-3600.

Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some people like the stretched look - I don't. To me that bike lost a lot of value when it was stretched. You may like it, but when the day comes to sell it, the market for that bike will be much much smaller.

If you want a sport bike, find one as close to stock as you can... or that has the mods you might actually like (exhaust is common). Stretched will mean it won't handle as well as stock

To me - that is a bike to avoid - even if the price is ok. Look it over very carefully and decide it if it is a show bike (and that you want that) or if it is an abused bike.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:34 PM

im with woot on this one. closer to stock that you buy, the better. BUT, if you must have this one, make sure you take a flashlight so you can really look into the bike. Check forks for leaks, any of the obvious stuff for the motor (oil where it shouldnt be, knocking, etc) check the rotors, look at the chain (if its rusted it may give you an idea of his maintenance practices) make sure the triple clamp is tight in the neck (slow roll, apply a snap on the front break, if its loose youll know.

after all that, i still am gonna go with dont buy it.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:22 PM

maybe a pic would help? 3500 for that is kinda cheap i wouldnt buy it either

Old 04-17-2009, 04:24 PM

if i were u id dl the service manual and learn how to use the error reporting thing if u dont know already. it will tell u if any of the sensors are bad and whatnot. stock sprocket sizes are 16 46.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:13 PM

pictures would be nice.

Streched swing arm. not too big of a deal in my opinion you can get a stock one for under 30shipped if you look right. Then get a new chain.

3500 is rather cheap... so whats wrong with it?

Old 04-18-2009, 10:10 AM

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...k/Honda%20CBR/

There is a link to the pictures of it. He's asking 3900. Anyway, I've already decided to pass because the guy is a tool box. He emails me back and forth, but when i ask when i can take a look at it, he just pretends like I didn't ask I guess. I must have pissed him off when I asked if he had receipts for the motor work. He hasn't emailed me or responded since then.

Anyway, I'm looking for a bike that will be stretched anyway, and I would have taken the plastics of this and got stock ones because I didn't like the head lights.

He is selling because he needs a 2 seater, apparently.

Enjoy the pics

Old 04-18-2009, 10:33 AM

I'm not feelin those headlights

Old 04-20-2009, 09:30 AM

Better to pass on that, it had been down for sure,
which is prob the reason for the nappy fairing which weren't in to good of shape themselves.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:37 PM

That thing is god awful.

Quick Reply: Going to look at an F4i, have questions.