Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gear This Coming Season

accurate
I am US 10 and they said was EURO 43 instead of 44 and it fitted
the sole is great

Old 12-29-2005, 08:05 AM

Icon is for Gangstas. Seriously though, I dont like Icon gear. They state in their ads that the "dont do road racing" and only build gear for the street. To me that says "less crash protection." Also everything they make has a big *** icon slogan on it. It is also way over priced. I think the best gear for your dollar would be Joe Rocket, although the styling can be a little bland. If you still want some gangsta, stunt life, street cred to go with good quality and protection, then buy Alpinestars. Id also go with HJC helmets when on a budget, their new ac12 line has many of the same features as helmets costing twice as much. Protection is going to be the same no matter how expensive the helmet is (in fact cheaper may be better, read the story at motorcyclistonline.com ) so what you get with an expensive helmet is better fit, finish, and features. For shoes I have the Astars Stunt Shoe, a high top shoe with anti slip surface on the toe and arch. Boots are good protection and can save your foot from literally being twisted off, but I don't own a pair and they would be impractical for the daily commute. When I go to work I wear my low top, slip on, anti-slip "shoes for crews", if I get in a wreck my feet are in for a beating.

Old 12-29-2005, 03:41 PM

I have the Icon Motorhead Leather Jack for Fall/Spring riding and the Icon Team Merc jacket coming in for summer riding. I'm currently looking for a decent helmet. Probably take a look at OGK, Icon, HJC, or Scorpion.

Old 12-29-2005, 04:11 PM

When getting a helmet, I wouldn't go too cheap. My friend got a zmax, or imax or something. It was really cheap, and when he went down hardcore and broke a few bones, his helmet CAME OFF. Yes, it broke, the chin strap came off. When he hit the ground it was off, and he rolled a good 30 yards without a helmet. Stay away from that brand!

Old 12-29-2005, 05:25 PM

i heard goodthing on the icon motorhead jacket, almost bought one but went with the A* Ice instead and love it

Old 09-28-2007, 04:35 PM

I've got the Icon motorhead. The removable liner lets me have one jacket for cold and warm weather. The 6 vents are functional. And it looks good. It's been crash tested and it did it's job. So, I think i've got the right jacket. Gloves are Astars SPS, i don't know about those. Pretty tight in the palm. When I first got them, i didn't like how they affected my throttle control. I'm used to them now though (that doesn't make it alright). And I ripped one of the velcro flaps off. Helmet is a Shoei X-11, love the fit. It just requires too much maintenance to make the face shield stay sealed when closed. I took it to the Shoei guy at the championship race at Laguna Seca, and I thought he fixed it. But got back on the bike and air is still getting to my eyes. Not Cool. I haven't decided on pants or boots yet. Boots are next. I need to go and try them all on. I don't care about the brand, just the fit and features. We'll see what happens.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i bought the Icon Daytona jacket and LOVE it! it has a great fit, and i can barely tell im wearing it.......not TOO heavy. i also went w/ the Icon Timax gloves (the older ones)......helmet = Icon mainframe (gloss black), and in november im getting the Icon field armor for my knees/shins.

i've heard mixed reviews w/ Icon........all personal opinion i guess. i searched for price/style when i bought gear and everything else i saw was too boring and bland. i like the way Icon's stuff looked and i heard good things.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can never go wrong with all black lol.

I have 2 JR n 1 Teknic jacket, Teknic Chicane leather pants, 05 lightning gloves w/ kevlar knuggles, and Sidi Vertabra boots (Ilove these things.) I have a KBC Force RR Speed demon helmet. Only complaints is the helmet is noiser than I'd like. Next Helmet will prolly be a Shoei RF-1000.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:23 AM

icon offers a lot of modern looking affordable gear but you get what you pay for when it comes to their cheap jackets and gloves. I have the Icon domain decay helmet and it is a cream in my pants. quiet until you lift the visor, VERY minimal turbulance behind a semi at 80 +/- mph, no foggy visor, awesome ventilation, carbon fiber shell = good protection, good padding. only complaints are that i scratch the bridge of my nose on the vent opener where my chin is once in a while and the padding comes a little too far down my cheeks but then again it's new and i haven't broken the foam in yet.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:06 AM

12/28/05 LOL

Quick Reply: Gear This Coming Season