F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

GEAR, buy it - wear it

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GEAR, buy it - wear it

I dont do much leisure riding, as in just around town for no reason. Im either commuting to work or riding the twisties on planned rides. This being said I always wear full leathers also. Usually I just wear my work clothes under the leathes and slip them off when I get to work. I leave my work boots there to so I change into them. If I do ride in town, I STILL wear full leathers, I dont care what people really think as long as I GO HOME TO MY FAMILY! They call them ACCIDENTS-----because they arent planned and you dont know when it will happen!

Old 05-01-2007, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: TTLC603

Finally in NH they are going to be passing a helmet law, I have see too many people crash without helmets to not have one, it makes me laugh they think because they have been riding for 20 years they are alright, but what alot of people dont understand is that its not us riding its the people around us that cause the most danger, something stupid like 75% of accident involving motorcycles are caused when someone doesnt see them...take your time and triple check before you make moves it could save your life
and in 90% of motorcycle fatalities, the rider wasnt wearing a helmet. i dont see how someone could be so stupid not not wear a helmet. i also think that the states that dont have helmet laws are pretty stupid too. i use to live right next to MMI in phoenix, and i would always see hundreds of bikers leave there when the classes got out. however, id only see maybe 20 riders that were wearing helmets, and maybe 5 that were wearing any other protective gear.
________
MERCEDES-BENZ CLK-AMG BLACK SERIES HISTORY

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:38 PM

I wear my Oakleys when I ride too, nothing like lifting your shield up and getting nailed by a bug. I have been there and it sucks.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:54 PM

yea buying my gear was the first thing i did before i rode my bike, just my helmet, leather jacket, and gloves unfortunatly i dont have any pants or boots but i badly need to buy them i havent even been riding much cause i wanna get those first, but its funny i used to ride bmx and i remember i was riding just my bicycle and hit a rock and fell and my head hit right on a curb and cracked my helmet and i remember ever since then i wear my helmet on EVERYTHING, its definatly worth the 20 seconds to put it on

Old 05-01-2007, 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: birdstrike
Fact is, this forum is pointless because the helmetless, jacketless types are not going to respond, nor are you going to change them.
I hope and beleive that there are few new member that join this forum and that they learn a lot. Some
people that post on here asking about safety gear are genuinely asking what people wear, and I hope that
hearing that helmets, jackets, pants, boots, gloves and spine protectors are all common place, they will make
better decisions.

I agree, those that have alrady made up their minds aren't likely to change, unless they crash themselves. However,
the new riders that don't have bad habbits, are hopefully pointed in the right direction.

Wear the gear, every time.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:22 AM

Agreed -- some people won't wear gear because it doesn't look cool... I see and hear that a lot. That's why the Bohn cool-air armored pants/shirt are a nice compromise. Hides away under your regular clothes.

Just don't let your friends see you standing around in it like that goofy-looking bastard in the ad!! [sm=laughat.gif] http://www.actionstation.com/catalog....php?prod=BGLC

Old 05-02-2007, 07:14 AM

i wear a hemlet and a joe rocket meteor 5.0 and gloves but i dont wear boots or riding pants just jeans. i plan on picking some riding boots up and pants this summer but the way its looking right now im probly not gona get much riding done any way for every part i fix on the bike 2 more things break and its costing me a ton of money