F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

GEAR, buy it - wear it

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 03:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GEAR, buy it - wear it

[hr]

We just got back from a call involving a motorcycle and a car. It was a guy on a kids dirtbike riding around the hood with no lid on. A mustang hit him head on somehow. When we got there, there was a large amount of blood on the ground. I looked down at this guy and the first thing I notice is that there is a nickle size HOLE under his left nostril. I can see inside the guys head. Second thing I notice is something looks weird, his nose is missing, its down where is mouth should be. From the middle of his nose down to his chin his face was pretty much caved in. This was no more than a 30-40 mile impact and it could have been avoided with a helmet. At least significantly reduced. It was a nasty scene and a vivid reminder to wear my gear!

Stay safe and dont do anything stupid, even if you are just going around the block.[/align]

Old 05-01-2007, 03:09 AM
Default RE: GEAR, buy it - wear it

I wrecked a few months back and bonked my head pretty good. I got a new helmet but kept the same visor, it's got a nice little scratch mark where I went down as a constant reminder to wear my lid.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:09 AM

Always wear mine, Even if its 100 degrees out. But I try not to ride when its that hot out.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Stephens

Always wear mine, Even if its 100 degrees out. But I try not to ride when its that hot out.
i like your new sig...

Old 05-01-2007, 03:20 AM

Just bought all new gear. Helmet, Bohn cool-air armored pants/shirt, Joe Rocket jacket/gloves, & kevlar cargo pants. I'm sure my friends will say I'm ridiculous and I spent too much, etc. etc. but who cares. Hitting pavement is no fun.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:21 AM

Thanks bro, I hope people don't think that I am such a squid. lol

Old 05-01-2007, 03:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not wearing a helmet is inconcievable to me, even when i ride around my parking lot without it i feel weird

Old 05-01-2007, 03:25 AM

My first police internship we responded to a motorcycle accident, the rider was DOA, and the paramedics were picking up his brain with a spood, his wife who was following him said he was too stubborn to wear his helmet because he didnt want to mess up his hair...well I imagine he regrets that now considering he had no hair left, everytime I get onto my bike I think of that scene and have no regrets putting my helmet on...be smart, be safe, ride safe wear protection

Old 05-01-2007, 03:35 AM

Yuck. Brains with a spoon? I always wear mine, cuz its the law, but I hate eating bugs.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:38 AM

Finally in NH they are going to be passing a helmet law, I have see too many people crash without helmets to not have one, it makes me laugh they think because they have been riding for 20 years they are alright, but what alot of people dont understand is that its not us riding its the people around us that cause the most danger, something stupid like 75% of accident involving motorcycles are caused when someone doesnt see them...take your time and triple check before you make moves it could save your life

Quick Reply: GEAR, buy it - wear it