F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

GEAR, buy it - wear it

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 03:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GEAR, buy it - wear it

In Arkansas, were I am orginally from, there is no helmet law if you are over 18.

From my own judgement, I would say that most of the people not wearing helmets are the guys on cruisers. Everytime I see someone on a sport bike it always seemed like they were wearing a helmet.

I used to have a cruiser, so maybe I just noticed my fellow rider's stupidity more...

Old 05-01-2007, 03:55 AM

Agreed 100%
I have a reminder picture of a helmet shaped dent in a guard rail, scraped paint off the helmet and everything, fortunatly walked away with only a concussion (well, stumbled away...).
Wouldn't be here if I didn't wear my helmet, never go anywhere without one on, no matter how short the trip is.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:59 AM

What I don't get are people who wear skull cap helmets?! OK, so the top of your head maybe survives the crash but your face gets all smashed in?? [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 05-01-2007, 04:42 AM

I wear pants, mesh rider jacket with armor, helmet and gloves anytime I ride my bike.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:35 PM

Those who are already wearing gear are going to keep doing it, those who don't aren't going to.

As important as safety is, unfortunately its never the "cool" thing to do. There are many riders out there who are much more concerned with impressing people than actually riding (most won't really be here simply because they would have bought the RR instead of an F4i).

Fact is, this forum is pointless because the helmetless, jacketless types are not going to respond, nor are you going to change them. I personally think the race suit looks cool, but I'm the minority, as are those of you who actually wear your equipment all the time.

Next time all of you see a guy helmetless ripping up an interstate in Ohio pulling wheelies next to tractor trailers, pull up and thank him for your high insurance rates and keep driving.

It also makes me sick when television shows like any of the "big retarded chopper" shows glorify not wearing protective equipment. The Jason Britton hosted show Superbikes is just as guilty.

My gear has saved my life, and prevented many injuries both when I rode motorcross and street. You won't see me without it!

Old 05-01-2007, 01:47 PM

Maybe Im a minority, but I actually think motorcycle gear looks rad, and a lot better looking than a plain *** wife beater, or jeans and a t-shirt (safety issues aside).

Old 05-01-2007, 03:07 PM

i would have to agree. having the right jacket/helmet combo looks badass imo (course also add some gloves, pants, and boots)

Old 05-01-2007, 04:30 PM
IDL

ORIGINAL: Wildcat

What I don't get are people who wear skull cap helmets?! OK, so the top of your head maybe survives the crash but your face gets all smashed in?? [sm=dontgetit.gif]
Yeah man, I see so many cruiser riders wearing those stupid non-rated caps. Thin plastic. If you actually look at one at the motorcycle store it says right on it "Not intended for Motorcycle use". the thing wouldn't hold up to bug strike, let alone a crash.

The only reason is because it looks cooler. Simple as that.

I think we're lucky that way as sportbike riders in that it is cool to have gear. Ever seen a cruiser guy wearing a full faced helmet?

Old 05-01-2007, 05:22 PM

I wear full leathers (+ boots & gloves) anytime I ride - it only takes like 3 minutes to put on/take off, but I wear cotton pants over top of my leather pants 'cause I totally look like a Power Ranger if I don't.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:46 PM

oh man, yesterday I was riding about 20-25mph with my visor flipped up. Something hit me right in the eye. I had to go home.. I thought something was stuck in my eye but nothing could flush it out. I decided to let it come out itself and went to hang out with friends for a few hours.. It was still there! I just went to sleep (9pm!!!) because It sucked having my eye open, REALLY irritating. And its still pretty bad today. Not even close to as bad as yesterday but my eye is still half closed.. perfect vision though. **** sucks! Im riding with my visor down even going 10-15...not ****ing worth it.

Quick Reply: GEAR, buy it - wear it