F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Gas Gauge problem

Old 03-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Gauge problem

Hey guys, I am new to this site, and so far it looks like a good place to be! ok so heres the problem, I just bought a 2001 CBR F4I. so when i got home i had to take it fora spin. and when i turned it on i was trying to look to see how much gas i had in it. when i turned the key on and when everything lights up i can see the gas gauge, but right when it gets done doing its injecting, the gauge goes away, so i can not see how much gas i have when i am riding. so if you guys could pleace tell me or give me some advice on what is going wrong that would be great! thank you

Old 03-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Gas Gauge problem

well possibly you were seeing your reserve bars. mine pop up occasionally once im close to reserve. you wont have a gas gauge at all times. you have to watch your miles on the bottom right to see when you need gas. for example, in the winteri generally get 130 and then i begin to expect to hit reserve. summer, i know i can get to around 160 before i'll see reserve.

i hope that helped.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:25 PM

oh ok i think i understand, got to bare with me here its my first bike! so pretty much i will not see my gauge unless im am close to my reserve?

Old 03-09-2008, 07:27 PM

welcome to the forum, first of all

well if im understanding you correctly.....then yes. what you need to do is take the bike and fill the tank. press and HOLD the bottom button on your gauges until you see your miles in the bottom right clear back to "0.0". now, you will ride your bike until you see the 4 reserve bars pop up on the left side of your gauges. once you see that pop up, take a look at what your miles are in the bottom right of the gauges. now you know how to check your gas.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:35 PM

Hey thanks a lot man

Old 03-09-2008, 07:38 PM

not a problem, friend! again, welcome to the forum. any other questions, whether you think they're stupid or not.....feel free to ask (of course always try to search it first). this place is a wealth of knowlege and great friendly people.

got any pics of your bike?

Old 03-09-2008, 07:40 PM

also, if you have some free time, give this thread a glance (since this is your 1st bike). https://cbrforum.com/m_360824/tm.htm

be safe, brother.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:28 PM

Yea the reserve light comes on when you start up the bike like a check, with the oil light and fuel injection light, But i get about 130-150(depending on how much i am hauling ***) on a to the top tank when the resrve light comes on. So do what jay said keep track of your miles or you have about 40 till your bike will run dry i think the reserve tank is like .9 gallons or somthing close to that

Old 03-09-2008, 10:36 PM

hey thanks a lot guys, i appreciate it, and for pics of my bike, i will be taking some soon and ill be sure to use as my icon.. but i have a 2001 cbr f4i White/red with a M4 slip on

Old 03-10-2008, 03:11 AM

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE! another white/red . may i suggest a set of tapeworks wing shadows. i got some for mine (check my album under avatar) and they make the bike look 10 times better (i.m.o. ...and others opinions, lol).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gas Gauge problem