F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Galfer Brake Line Kit

Old 06-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Galfer Brake Line Kit

So I am in the process of buying Gralfer Lines (Front and Rear) to include new Brakes. Including shipping it would come to a total of 2$221.92. Does that seem reasonable? More importantly, is it necessary to get ( in other words does it help that much more over stock?)

Old 06-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Galfer Brake Line Kit

will help out a ton with braking...as for price...look around...but sounds somewhat right...i have seen front/rear lines for about 120 total...then if you get galfer pads...looking at like 80 front/40 rear or thereabouts....my numbers could be wrong, it's been awhile...

although new pads won't do much more, you get a lot from the lines alone...new rotors and new pads will add something, but just new pads not so much....

Old 06-23-2008, 01:33 PM

that is not reasonable.

now THAT is reasonable
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CBR60...ayphotohosting

Old 06-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Registered Users

that kit doesn't include brake pads....the price he gave was WITH brake pads...

plus no offense....that is a crappy deal...i can get galfer front and rear lines for $126 with free shipping....what else are you getting in that deal...BRAKE FLUID?!?!!? c'mon....

Old 06-23-2008, 02:07 PM

I also wouldnt bother with the rear, you shouldnt be using it so much that ss lines would be that beneficial

Old 06-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Registered Users

oh i don't know about that one...i would still put the ss lines on the back....i mean they are only 40 or so bucks...i wouldn't want to have the reliability of front ss lines and not have that on the rear but that's just me...

Old 06-23-2008, 02:30 PM

exactly how much braking pressure do you think youneed toapply to the rear?

Old 06-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Registered Users

it's not that, it's just knowing the feedback i have on the front, i like to have that same security on the rear...

i use my rear all the time when i stop....per MSF instruction....but that's just me....

Old 06-23-2008, 03:00 PM

so, your riding fast enough to need ss lines up front to get the "feedback", yet your still able to use your rear brake effectively and need ss lines there too?

look, if you want to spend some cash on bling items, go right ahead, but dont try to convince anyone that you need them for performance. If you were riding that thing hard enough to "need" ss lines, then your back end would be skimming the ground and no amount of break pressure, ss lines or no, would matter, because it would lock up. and if your needing them to tighten a corner as your leaned over on your knee, ss lines arent needed their either.

all Im saying is that unless you just want to spend money to show off, the rear SS lines arent needed on modern day sportbikes.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Registered Users

i am not saying you NEED them...i didn't say that...

plus i am not disagreeing with you to an extent....i don't ride that hard to need crazy feedback..i am mostly a street rider...i haven't even done a track day...YET.....

my point is this...i like the control of SS lines...even at not-so-fast speeds, you can tell the response is better in the brake....i know that if i squeeze x amount....that it's the same no matter when i squeeze the lever....

since i pretty much use my rear and front brake together, like i said, per what MSF teaches (i know track riding is different and the use is VERY difference, i am not debating that)...but on the street, i use both....

i like know that the pressure i put on my lever will give me the same rear brake each time....specifically so that when i use it i won't lock it up...i know that x amount of pressure applies enough rear to aid in stopping, but not enough to lock up the rear....OEM lines aren't as predictably that's all...i like knowing exactly how my front and rear brake is going to respond....SS lines do that...and for another $40, i like it....

that's all...

but by all means, everyone has their opinion on back break, i personally use mine in everyday riding and anythign that helps the reliability of them is better IMO...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Galfer Brake Line Kit