F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

fulmer helmets

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fulmer helmets

i dont know if this is a common accurance or just a freak incident that happened to me but i have a fulmer helmet and for the past couple weeks i could hear a loud cracking noise right by my ears every now and then, and the linings of the helmet were coming apart then last night i was riding down the highway and my face shield broke off on the left side scared the **** outta me and seeing as it was cold as ***** last night in MD my face bout froze and my eyes were running like a bastard now i am planning on getting a scorpion helmet cause i have heard good things so if you have an opinion on the scorpion helmets i would love to hear it and i would not recommend fulmer helmets

Old 09-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: fulmer helmets

Thanks for the warning... I know a guy that has a fulmer with the flip up front. I'll pass it along to him

Old 09-27-2006, 11:25 PM

lol fulmer helmets what a joke

the scorpion exo-700 is an awesome helmet, its the most comfortable helmet for me. Its got a lot of great features that are usually only found on more expensive helmets, the anti-fog visor really won't fog ever, the liner is removable, great venting, and trust me on this, its crash worthy to at least 140 mph. landed hard on my head, slid a little and didn't even have a headache afterwards
great stuff, I've got two of them and about to sell my AGV TiTech and buy another one

Old 09-27-2006, 11:38 PM

get an arai, fit like a glove and quality second to none imo

Old 09-27-2006, 11:45 PM

Arai, Shoei and Suomy are the best. KBC, HGV, HJC, Shark, Icon, Bioffe, Fulmer = junk.
You always get what you pay for...even though some junk ones are pricey.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:50 PM

i have an HJC, once it broke in...now it feels like my helmet is gonna come off on the highway if i didnt have my strap on. <haha, "strap on" sounds dirty...

Old 09-28-2006, 12:52 PM

Shoei is my favorite, only one that fits me like a glove. Even the Arai profile is lose on the top section of my head. Scorpion is a nice mid-range helmet for someone not looking to spend too much, but I always tell my customers if you are willing to spend the money then definititly check out shoei.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had my Exo-700 for about 5 months now and I love it too. But my clear shield is starting to fog on me. I usually only clean with water and a paper towel (not abrasive). I do however have good experience with their customer service.

I know someone with a flip-up Fulmer. Conceptually it doesn't seem safe (crash= helemt flips open).

Did you replace your EXO after your getoff? I have a contact at the local hospital that says he will X-Ray a helmet if I brough it by, now I can't find his info.

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

lol fulmer helmets what a joke

the scorpion exo-700 is an awesome helmet, its the most comfortable helmet for me. Its got a lot of great features that are usually only found on more expensive helmets, the anti-fog visor really won't fog ever, the liner is removable, great venting, and trust me on this, its crash worthy to at least 140 mph. landed hard on my head, slid a little and didn't even have a headache afterwards
great stuff, I've got two of them and about to sell my AGV TiTech and buy another one

Old 09-28-2006, 06:57 PM

i did buy another one to replace it since you can't use a damaged helmet on the track but i do still use it on the street occasionally

honestly i've owned a lot of helmets and I can tell you the only thing that separates the scorpion from the arai, shoei, AGV, etc is the weight and the sizing options, some of the higher end helmets have different shell sizes and pad sizes so you can have like 20 different size options but if you find a scorpion that fits you properly then its a great deal for an awesome helmet.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:53 AM

"i have an HJC, once it broke in...now it feels like my helmet is gonna come off on the highway if i didnt have my strap on. <haha, "strap on" sounds dirty..."

Thats because you bought the wrong sized helmet. Its suppose to be fairly snug when it is new.

I don't think I'll buy an expensive helmet again (Arai, Shoei and Suomy). While they are nice helmets, they don't offer any better protection in a crash, and if anything ever happens to it, you're out alot of money. Hell, just the face shield for my Arai is $80. Thats almost as much as my girlfriend paid for her Scorpion EX400.

Quick Reply: fulmer helmets