CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Fuel injection problem (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/fuel-injection-problem-157129/)

Oakland Ward 02-13-2018 02:24 PM

Fuel injection problem

Hi Guys I'm hoping someone can help, my bike will not start, I have just replaced the engine as the last one blew up.
I have installed it correctly and all electrical stuff is installed correctly
It turns over fine.
It runs fine with easy start so spark and compression is ok.
There are no fault codes on the injection system.
The pump is working fine, fuel flow rate through injector rail is fine so fuel is getting to injectors.
power is getting to injectors and the resistance through the injectors is within the readings from the manual.
so I don't know why they are not spraying the fuel?
Any ideas?

CaBaRet 02-13-2018 03:04 PM

Check out the ignition pulse generator, and cam pulse gen

Oakland Ward 02-13-2018 03:15 PM

HI I did say I have a spark at the plugs so the ignition pulse generator must be working otherwise I would have no spark.

74demon 02-13-2018 03:19 PM

Check pulse signal at the injectors.

Oakland Ward 02-13-2018 03:25 PM

how do I do that? put a meter on the injector connector and measure voltage while turning over?

74demon 02-13-2018 03:28 PM

Get or make a noid light

Oakland Ward 02-13-2018 03:49 PM

I will do that tomorrow and get back, thanks

CaBaRet 02-14-2018 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Oakland Ward (Post 1311833)
HI I did say I have a spark at the plugs so the ignition pulse generator must be working otherwise I would have no spark.

Hi sorry about that ,just rushed through, but yes check out that cam pulse gen

Oakland Ward 02-14-2018 12:49 PM

Hi ok so i used a niod light and there are pulse signals at the injectors I also tested the cam pulse generator and that works fine I even swapped it with a spare one I had and still no joy.
Is there any way I can visably see if the injectors are spraying fuel?
I am running out of ideas?

74demon 02-14-2018 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Oakland Ward (Post 1311875)
Is there any way I can visably see if the injectors are spraying fuel?
I am running out of ideas?

You can pull the rail and injectors back so you can see at least 1 of the tips and crank it.

Did you check for fuel pressure at the rail? Fuel injectors are just open/close valves with a tip that gives it a spray pattern.

CaBaRet 02-14-2018 01:55 PM

A quandary this one ,have you tried a Fuel Flow Inspection, on that line it could tell you if the FPR is kicking out enough fuel and pressure to the injectors, I take it at this stage all the usual suspects are bypassed to take them out of the equation , I know the pump is kicking in , but belt and braces
EDIT was writing this as 74demon answered you

Oakland Ward 02-14-2018 02:00 PM

yes fuel pressure is ok I will pull injectors out tomorrow and check

Oakland Ward 02-14-2018 02:02 PM

I don't know whats going on but will visually try to see if injectors are spraying tomorrow.

boredandstroked 02-14-2018 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Oakland Ward (Post 1311829)
It runs fine with easy start so spark and compression is ok.

so I don't know why they are not spraying the fuel?
Any ideas?

Highly confusing. How is it running fine if no fuel is spraying?

Oakland Ward 02-14-2018 11:42 PM

When I say it runs fine I mean the engine compression and spark etc as it runs when I spray easy start into the air intake so that's how I know its fuel not spraying in correctly from injectors. please read the post properly dude

CaBaRet 02-16-2018 03:00 PM

Cant help but thinking this has got something to do with the kill switch or BAS

Oakland Ward 02-16-2018 03:32 PM

HI no definitely not the kill switch, I think I have narrowed it down to the fuel pressure regulator. Although the fuel flow rate is ok when I undo the fuel hose union it should hiss as it used to as the rail is under pressure but its not doing that anymore so I think the diaphragm in the FPR is damaged so pressure is not building up so the injectors wont spray.
I have ordered one and will see when it turns up next week.

CaBaRet 02-17-2018 12:46 AM

Could be, hopefully so:)

boredandstroked 02-19-2018 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Oakland Ward (Post 1311893)
please read the post properly dude

Perhaps you should re-read it. You said it runs fine with easy start. I'm guessing that's a brand name for starting fluid at this point. Since you didn't mention that, it just seemed like terrible english skills, read as "it runs fine with an easy start". Luckly for you [and me] they don't ban for bad grammer and writing though.

Oakland Ward 02-28-2018 02:21 PM

Hi Chaps ok so I replaced the fuel pressure regulator and still no go.
I have fuel flow but I do not have fuel pressure, when I undo the fuel pressure relief valve it does not hiss.
So what can cause the lack of fuel pressure?

Ps boredand stroked , I'm sorry if my grammer is not perfect but no need to be a d**k I don't know why people need to turn these forums into nastiness, we have enough hatred in this world its not necessary

boredandstroked 02-28-2018 02:56 PM

I'm not being a d**k. I stated i was confused. you told me to read properly. I told you I did, but you wrote it in a confusing manner. What about this was rude?
If you don't have enough pressure, either a line is kinked/bent wrong, or the pump is bad and not pushing hard enough. You said flow rate was correct, so that leaves the pump.

74demon 02-28-2018 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Oakland Ward (Post 1312440)
Hi Chaps ok so I replaced the fuel pressure regulator and still no go.
I have fuel flow but I do not have fuel pressure, when I undo the fuel pressure relief valve it does not hiss.
So what can cause the lack of fuel pressure?

So now you don't have pressure? You said that it was good previously. Is your pump wired correctly so it's not pumping reverse? hoses inside the tank good? (I've had one blow on me) Hose kinked?

Originally Posted by Oakland Ward (Post 1312440)
Ps boredand stroked , I'm sorry if my grammer is not perfect but no need to be a d**k I don't know why people need to turn these forums into nastiness, we have enough hatred in this world its not necessary

You original post was confusing and so far, you are the one calling him names.
We go to an extreme to keep nastiness off this forum. Maybe you should hang around a bit more before before throwing out such accusations.

Oakland Ward 02-28-2018 03:37 PM

HI ok ill check the pump, I presumed you was talking about me at the bottom of the comment

*disclaimer* I can't spell and I'm a jerk

74demon 02-28-2018 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Oakland Ward (Post 1312448)
HI ok ill check the pump, I presumed you was talking about me at the bottom of the comment

*disclaimer* I can't spell and I'm a jerk

That's his signature!!!!

hamlin6 02-28-2018 04:05 PM

Now that is downright funny.

Oakland Ward 02-28-2018 04:14 PM

fair enough my bad I apologise.
Getting back on topic can the fuel pump be tested for correct pressure or do I need to replace?
Could the filter be clogged?

EchoWars 03-07-2018 12:41 AM

Any reason you haven't looked in the manual? IIRC, there's a pretty good section on FI troubleshooting.