F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Fuel economy issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragnar1x
106 miles on 3 gallons is 35 mpg. Your mileage is fine. It sounds like your problem lies elsewhere as others have suggested.
There isn't a problem. He was concerned with his fuel economy, and we got it figured out. Case closeddd.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

106 miles on 3 gallons is 35 mpg.
Thanks for being the first one to post that. I was beginning to wonder if no one knew how to calculate mpg. When someone is concerned about fuel economy their mpg is the first thing they should have posted. It took to the end of the second page of replies before anyone got a round tuit.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Junior2552
There isn't a problem. He was concerned with his fuel economy, and we got it figured out. Case closeddd.
I can change the word problem to issue if it makes you feel better.

I was simply stating that it sounds like there is a problem and it is not fuel economy. That was never explicitly stated before my post.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Thanks for being the first one to post that. I was beginning to wonder if no one knew how to calculate mpg. When someone is concerned about fuel economy their mpg is the first thing they should have posted. It took to the end of the second page of replies before anyone got a round tuit.

That's because it took until the middle of the 2nd page to find out the numbers needed to make that calculation...

Old 01-21-2011, 02:44 AM

lol thanks guys. i've put 3.688 gallons today when the reserve indicator was at full stage. is that about right? i will let you know of the real mileage once i burn it all. oh, and for the first time i've put the 87 octane gas in.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:31 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by mbison83
l i've put 3.688 gallons today when the reserve indicator was at full stage. is that about right?
I am assuming that when you say full stage you mean all 4 bars are flashing correct? If so you still have over a gallon left. The tank holds 4.76 gallons and the reserve indicator comes on with about .92 gallons left. However once it comes on the mileage determines when the next bar flashes so it is not a accurate read of what is left in the tank. I don't know of any F4i where the fuel gauge is 100% accurate.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
I am assuming that when you say full stage you mean all 4 bars are flashing correct?
They are not flashing, but staying put.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by mbison83
They are not flashing, but staying put.
Then it's not quite on E. When you have all four solid markers there, your bike is telling you that you're down to your last gallon (.92 of a gallon to be exact), and from there, the markers will delete themselves one by one. When they all blink or flash, you're about empty, and it's time for a fill up. However, the 3.xxx gallons you put in is pretty close to a full gas tank when those lights come on. Maybe next time, if you're SURE there will be a gas station within 20 miles, ride until they blink, or get down to one bar, then fill up. But like I said, I think this case is closed.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:16 AM

I can change the word problem to issue if it makes you feel better.

I was simply stating that it sounds like there is a problem and it is not fuel economy. That was never explicitly stated before my post.
Easy killer. That's why I responded to you that way. You're stating that you think there is a problem. But, there are countless other members in this thread that say, "fill all the way up, and try again" or, "use different fuel." Posting up generalizations about the OP having a problem with his bike might lead to confusion, or him taking steps that don't need to be taken yet. He's already stated that he used different fuel, and that he put more fuel in the bike. Ya see, it's all about them baby steps.

So, in essence, changing "problem" to "issue" isn't going to help either, because it's still neither of the two.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Junior2552
Easy killer. That's why I responded to you that way. You're stating that you think there is a problem. But, there are countless other members in this thread that say, "fill all the way up, and try again" or, "use different fuel." Posting up generalizations about the OP having a problem with his bike might lead to confusion, or him taking steps that don't need to be taken yet. He's already stated that he used different fuel, and that he put more fuel in the bike. Ya see, it's all about them baby steps.

So, in essence, changing "problem" to "issue" isn't going to help either, because it's still neither of the two.
the man is right. it has been a problem/issue to me until i got educated by you guys. this forum has been very helpful to me so far and im proud to be a member.

Quick Reply: Fuel economy issue