CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Fuel coming out of the exhaust (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/fuel-coming-out-exhaust-89215/)

jonld 03-15-2009 09:42 PM

Drain the oil ASAP. Your engine oil is probably full of gas which will rape every bearing in that engine rapidly. You may also have sticky valves since its been setting with the crap they pass off as gasoline.

Rotory2F4i 03-15-2009 10:15 PM

yea, I wouldnt try and turn it over w/o changing the oil. you know that it turns over, so dont do anything w/o replacing the FPR and then changing the oil. you can sieze the motor for real this time doing that. it is turning over real slow probably because of the above mentioned, and your battery is probably shot for good after it sitting dead for so long and you draining it that many times. I would change the FPR and change the plugs while you have the tank propped up, and then before trying to crank it, make sure you get all the fluid out that you can and change the oil and filter.

Tanknuts 03-15-2009 10:33 PM

Like as said before, drain all fluids and replace with new, and dont try to start without the fpr or you just do the same thing all over again. Change plugs and you might need some injector cleaner. The slow crank is probably from the friction inside the motor.

skoobydoobie 03-15-2009 10:43 PM

When you jump the battery, I hope you're not hooking up to a car!!!! If you are it is VERY important that the car be turned OFF. Your cars alternator creates way too much current for the bike to handle. Most of the time when folks do this incorrectley they end up frying their stator, or just pop a couple fuses. Either way, make sure the car is NOT running.

knonfs 03-17-2009 06:18 PM

All,

Thanks for your responses!! Sorry I disapeared, but work has been killing me for the past two days.

Originally Posted by jonld (Post 757601)
Drain the oil ASAP. Your engine oil is probably full of gas which will rape every bearing in that engine rapidly. You may also have sticky valves since its been setting with the crap they pass off as gasoline.

I did drained the oil and gas tank, but there might still be some left over gas on the chamber. Maybe?

Originally Posted by Rotory2F4i (Post 757623)
yea, I wouldnt try and turn it over w/o changing the oil. you know that it turns over, so dont do anything w/o replacing the FPR and then changing the oil. you can sieze the motor for real this time doing that. it is turning over real slow probably because of the above mentioned, and your battery is probably shot for good after it sitting dead for so long and you draining it that many times. I would change the FPR and change the plugs while you have the tank propped up, and then before trying to crank it, make sure you get all the fluid out that you can and change the oil and filter.

The FPR and spark plugs should be here by Friday, already drained the engine, and gas tank.

Originally Posted by Tanknuts (Post 757631)
Like as said before, drain all fluids and replace with new, and dont try to start without the fpr or you just do the same thing all over again. Change plugs and you might need some injector cleaner. The slow crank is probably from the friction inside the motor.

Already did all of that, hopefully you are right and the slow crank is from the friction inside the motor.

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie (Post 757635)
When you jump the battery, I hope you're not hooking up to a car!!!! If you are it is VERY important that the car be turned OFF. Your cars alternator creates way too much current for the bike to handle. Most of the time when folks do this incorrectley they end up frying their stator, or just pop a couple fuses. Either way, make sure the car is NOT running.

I was using a red optima battery as a jumper, is the battery from my street\race car. The optima is on the car, but not hooked up. Thanks for the advice though!

I will keep you guys posted during the weekend, and again thanks for everything!

skoobydoobie 03-17-2009 10:38 PM

Those Red Tops are the sht. Too bad they dont make em for our bikes. I have two for the "cages"

knonfs 03-21-2009 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie (Post 758547)
Those Red Tops are the sht. Too bad they dont make em for our bikes. I have two for the "cages"

Yes they are!!

All,

Thanks for all of the valuable information provided on this thread, I am happy to inform you guys that the bike is ALIVE :)

Thanks for all of the help, you guys and this forums ROCKS!

Tanknuts 03-21-2009 05:02 PM

Congrats