F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

free/cheap must-have mods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default free/cheap must-have mods?

buddy said to remove the snorkels or something on my bike "it will really wake it up" was what he said. i just said yea whatever and figured id ask the experts on what really works and is free/cheap. thanks for the assistance.
5oA

Old 08-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Default RE: free/cheap must-have mods?

that would probably scew up the fuel mixture, run lean

Old 08-07-2006, 02:36 PM

I thought that was only on the 1000rr. Most noticiable mod for the money is gears man or nitrous

Old 08-07-2006, 06:12 PM

About the only thing you may remove on the F4i to boost airflow would be the intake vents. I wouldn't because it would be a negligent (probably not even mesurable) gain and it would allow large stuff into the airbox (like rodents and such).

Free mods.......lose weight. No seriously!! That is going to be the most cost effective (and more healthy). You will eat less, saving money, burn less gas, accelerate and brake faster, and not have to change the springs on your suspension (assuming you can get to 130lbs).

Cheap mods......hack off the mudguard and move the plate up.

Must have........all depends on what you want out of your bike.

When you do stuff to your bike MAKE SURE you know EXACTLY what you are doing. Remember the level that these machines are built to. This ain't your daddy's oldsmobile. These are track bred racing machines. Don't pull your exhaust off because the wacko down the street told you that the engine will breathe better.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:18 AM

well the guy that told me works at a moto shop ( http://www.powerhouseonline.com/ ) but hes a huge bull****ter so i never really belive him.
funny story, he was out riding a 650 and at the gas station he got "hit by a drunk driver" he said he got hit foot ran over,does have broken bones, but for some reason the drunk driver said the motorcycle hit him. idk what stories he spouts to belive
i wasnt gonna mess with it anyways, it runs like it should. i was just wondering if theres anything like www.50mods.com or http://www.ministothemax.com/hop_ups.htm (i wrote some of the mttm.com mods and the tuning guide )

i am 130, so the bike definetly pulls me. already got fender removal kit, erion exaust, and basic power commander.
im not some idiot blackdog lol

Old 08-08-2006, 02:51 AM

Free mods.... hmmmmm...... Most mods I know of cost something.

Remap your ecu once you've installed a k&n and exhaust.

Go to a 520 chain and drop a cog off your front sprocket.

Paint your bike yellow and black. +15hp

Old 08-08-2006, 03:45 AM

Seems to me that the "Ram air ducts" serve a little purpose. I think they provide just enough head pressure so that your intake isn't sucking as much. Not an expert here. Get some VTEC stickers I saw a couple ricers down in San Diego with em, said they gave em 20 extra horsies. Other than that as far as performance, there is not much that is cheap worth it's 2cents.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:58 PM

They may provide a little "ram air" effect, but I would bet all they do is keep the pressure in the airbox at a little less vacuum than without.

Their key purpose is to allow the motor to breathe cool air from in front of the bike, and to allow that air a smooth path to the airbox. When you remove them you are now pulling hot air from inside the fairing directly above the radiator, the air also has to make a 90* transition into the airbox. This causes all kinds of turbulance.

The only part of the intake system that could probably go without sacrificing any power is the triangular shaped resonators that hang off the ducts. Their only real purpose is to reduce the noise from the intake valves.