F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Frame Slider problem

Old 03-21-2007, 12:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frame Slider problem

Alright well I am in the process of repainting my bike and I was putting new sliders on at the same time. When I got the bike it already had frame sliders on it so I don't know what was all done when he put them on there. Well I have a set of vortex frame sliders I am wanting to put on the bike now. The problem that has arose is that on the right side the bolt seems to not be long enough to thread into the frame. I don't know if there is anything that needs to be remove to make the frame slider drop down more into the whole or what I need to do. If there is anyone that has installed vortex frame sliders on a 01-03 f4i and could give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nick

Old 03-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Default RE: Frame Slider problem

One bolt was longer on one side on my RR than the other, try switching the bolts (dont know if they are different sizes)

Old 03-21-2007, 01:14 AM

The longer bolt goes on the right. It has to be longer 'cause the exhaust is on that side. Good luck

Old 03-21-2007, 01:26 AM

yes i know the longer one needs to go on the right hand side, however it seems to not be long enough. Comparing to the bolt from my old frame slider the vortex bolt is about an inch shorter.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:31 AM

bump, any ideas guys?!?

Old 03-22-2007, 02:52 AM

major bumpage... if the bolt is not long enough than may be you can use the bolts from the previous set or you can go to the store (autozone, etc) and find one that is a better fit.
is it possible that the vortex set you have now was made for a different bike?

Old 03-22-2007, 02:55 AM

yea to add to this bump. Try to thread the right side bolt on without the vortex puck on, you'll be able to eyeball how much space is left over and if theres not enough then you've got the wrong length bolts and the sliders may be for a different bike. Go to a store and buy a new set.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:08 AM

You are rembering- "righty tighty, lefty loosy"

It sounds stupid, but when you're working on a problem it's usually the littliest things you forget/overlook. You know what I mean?

Old 03-22-2007, 05:19 AM

ORIGINAL: mattyrides07

It sounds stupid, but when you're working on a problem it's usually the littliest things you forget/overlook. You know what I mean?
definatly good advice cause thats the type of thing that people look over and i would just double check u have them for the right bike cause it sounds like the slight difference that would come from getting them for another bike

Old 03-22-2007, 05:37 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mattyrides07

LOL! Happened to me today! Changing the spark-plugs and wondered why it woudn't thread, yeah........I felt extremely retarded.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Frame Slider problem