F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Frame Slider Installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frame Slider Installation

Hello All,

I have an '02 CBR F4i and finally got around to installing my frame sliders that I received a few months ago and am running into issues.

The little direction that came with the sliders indicate to remove the engine mount bolt and replace it with the bolts that came with the sliders. Well, I removed what I thought was the engine mount bolt (a long bolt that stretches from one side of the bike to the other) but there doesn't seem to be any threading for the slider bolts to grab onto and I was just assuming that there should be since no nuts came with the bolts.

I thought that I may be attempting to install in the wrong location so I searched the web for pictures of 02 F4Is with sliders installed and they all appear to be installed in the same location on the bike that I am attempting to install them to. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:13 PM

Hey!

Can you get any pics? That will greatly helpful.
Also, what is the brand of the sliders? Give us a link if you can.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:37 PM

Thanks for the reply 2H. I won't be able to get pics for a few days as the bike is garaged a couple cities over. The sliders however are located in the link below:

http://www.1tail.com/Volar_Motorspor..._Right/722338/

Old 10-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doc_diggumz
Thanks for the reply 2H. I won't be able to get pics for a few days as the bike is garaged a couple cities over. The sliders however are located in the link below:

http://www.1tail.com/Volar_Motorspor..._Right/722338/
you removed the wrong bolt, remove the side fairings n you will see th bolts you need to remove. You will also nee to cut holes in your fairings. And Those sliders wont do much good in anything other than a simple tip-over. They are made of metal, which will catch on the pavement n cause the bike to flip etc n cause more damage. Not to mention they are pointed n may impale you too . Slider pucks should be made of derlin (a plastic made for this purpose), but if you just want to look cool parked next to the gixxer squid.. then you're all set

Old 10-27-2009, 12:13 AM

Yeah Doc, you not going to be to happy if you lay the bike down and that thing somehow stabs you in the leg. And after its done with your leg, you'll probably have some bike damage cause of them. I would rethink those, but if you like them, then go with em....but you still need to cut the fairing.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:46 AM

Ya those spikes screw on and off. I am going to leave them off.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:31 PM

you removed the wrong bolt, remove the side fairings n you will see th bolts you need to remove. You will also nee to cut holes in your fairings.
Hah, that was my first thought.

Did you get it right now? Did you have the holes already drilled?

Old 10-27-2009, 01:39 PM

No I haven't been to the bike since my original post. Probably not going to see it again until this weekend. No I didn't cut the holes in the fairing yet luckily and I know that I obviously removed the 'wrong bolt' but I attempted to install the sliders in the same location that other people with 02' F4Is have (according to their pictures). So I'm a little confused. I'll spend more time on it this weekend.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doc_diggumz
No I haven't been to the bike since my original post. Probably not going to see it again until this weekend. No I didn't cut the holes in the fairing yet luckily and I know that I obviously removed the 'wrong bolt' but I attempted to install the sliders in the same location that other people with 02' F4Is have (according to their pictures). So I'm a little confused. I'll spend more time on it this weekend.
it will be the bolts just fwd of the fairing mounting bolt. One bolt will be longer than the other and it intended for the side it comes off of specifically. Yea dont drill no holes in the fairings until you have the sliders all mounted up, then theres several threads on how to get that done n it look great when ya have it all done. GL n keep us updated.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:04 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

http://sportbikeguy.com/garage/floor/frameslider.html

that write up shows a good way to make sure you drill your hole in the right spot

its kinda hard to see but if you look above my motor you can see where the slider is installed its black

Quick Reply: Frame Slider Installation