F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Fpr?

Old 06-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fpr?

Ive done a fair amount of searching but wanted to check in.

Today my 02 F4i started acting weird on me on my way to work. It started fine, idled fine, went to take off and it sputtered at around 5k through first 3 gears and then cruised fine below that. On hard acceleration it sputtered real bad, like bucking, then tach went down to 0, fi light came on and I rolled to a stop. Started back up no problem. Then the same thing happened again. After starting back up the second time the idle was fluctuating between 1-2k, but I managed to slowly cruise to work. I recently synched my throttle bodies and the idle was dead on smooth before this.

Im thinking it the FPR, but has anyone had this happen to them that it was something different? I plan on going through all wires and lines today, already ordered fpr and new plugs so hopefully that works and ill check back in afterwards.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:54 PM

Well its fixed. Runs like new.

Replacing the fpr is 1 millions times easier than cct, FYI.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by ag0d3k
Well its fixed. Runs like new.

Replacing the fpr is 1 millions times easier than cct, FYI.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:31 PM

ive had problems with mine lagging at low rmps after take off and once it gets about 215-220 it wants to idle low and sometimes die, i replaced FPR, regulator, spark plugs, cleaned k&n air filter and still am having the problem, im going to check regulator again just for ****s n giggles and also replace fuel filter that is on the way now

Search this Thread