F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Flush mounts on the rear

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flush mounts on the rear

Just wondering if anyone has used flushmount turn signals (meant for the front) on the tail turn signals? I will eventually get an undertail, but this seems like it could be a quick and cheap fix to get rid of the huge blinkers from space.

only thing is, would they fit? and would they be visible?

Thanks guys

Old 08-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

anything fits with a drill... lol

JMO.. flush mounts on the rear look like crap.. either get some stalk mounted signals or an integrated taillight..

Old 08-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Registered Users

I agree. I have a hotbodies undertail, but I am just about to order a new taillight with integrated turn signals. (Better Visibility to other drivers) Here is one shipped from San Diego for only $30. I am getting clear. Smoked taillights are illegal here in CA.
Click on this link.
Motorcycle Accessories

Last edited by Trent Dog; 08-09-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went the super cheapass route and used two LED strips off ebay (less than $2). semi flushmount i guess. i didnt like the stalk style for the rear.

They are super bright. Mine are about 10cm long and you can use 3m mounting strip sticky tape to put them anywhere.

similar to these, just shorter.
24CM Flexible Car Truck Motorbike Strip Light Yellow Waterproof 24 LED 12V Lamp | eBay

Last edited by Sick97SS; 08-10-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:29 PM

Sick97ss: thats sweet! Do you have a write up? also I started cutting off the mudflap/plate mount. but I had to stop at the key-hole for the trunk. How did you go about this? and what is holding up your tailight? it doesnt look like there is any of the plastic underneath holding it up? Sorry lots of questions, but I would love to be able to do something like this.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:08 PM
June 2012 Ride of the Month

Could just get a integrated tail light. They're fairly cheap and clean up the whole look.
Tail Light Integrated HONDA CBR 600 F4i 2001-2003 clear | eBay

Old 08-12-2012, 08:33 PM

Im debating a integrated vs undertail. with the undertail I would easily clean up the rear and get rid of the mud flaps/turn sigs... with an integrated I would still have the mudflap just get rid of the turn sigs.... anyone know how to move the key hole so I can cut the flap all the way up to the light.. and if i do that how would the tailight stay in place without plastic underneath?

Old 08-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Registered Users

I have an integrated and I also have flush mount blinkers where the grab bar was (06') looks ok, prolly works about the same... but I'm looking for a grab bar for a stock look.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:15 PM

can anyone help me figure out how to move the key? so I can cut all the way up to the tailight.... also if i do this what will hold up the tail light?

Old 08-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by lewisF4i
can anyone help me figure out how to move the key? so I can cut all the way up to the tailight.... also if i do this what will hold up the tail light?
Don't ever cut the part of the fender that is bolted to the body!!! The tailight is mounted to the tail fairing so that is not an issue. As for the key. Your best option would be to remove the cylinder and zip tie the cable in an easy to reach, but hidden spot.(Not back under the seat where you could lock yourself out.) I say, just wait until you can afford to purchase an undertail, and do it right. Or manufacture one yourself. Their are links here for that. In my experience, sometimes you spend more time than it's worth to find a cheaper alternative. Also, you might not have the desired look. (Oh, I forgot, Their is a clip that holds the key cylinder in place. Needle nose pliers are all you need to take it out.) Also, keep the old cylinder and hardware for when you decide to install an undertail. It goes behind the license plate where the hole is precut. Here is my link to a hotbodies undertail. pics of where I cut my fender.

Last edited by Trent Dog; 08-14-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Flush mounts on the rear