Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flush mount turn signals

is it pretty easy to install those? I have never done one before

Old 12-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Default RE: flush mount turn signals

Ya fairly easy.Only a few wires to connect in addition to removing/mounting turn signals.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:31 AM

Can it be done without removing the front fairing? I already have the side off and it looks accessable. I am going to do some greggs customs on mine as soon as the weather gets above 20 and I can stand being out in the garage....

Old 12-14-2007, 10:45 AM

^ front fairing? are you taking about the front wheel fairing?
ranger, if you wanna be a lazy man like me. you can take of the black plastic cowl in front of the radiator and turn the handle bars. you will be able to reach the wires and mount the signals with out taking of the sides.
but since you are new to bikes, i recommend you take of the sides and see what everything looks like with the fairings off.
good luck.
easy install. good luck.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:00 AM

No, my instructions state the front headlight fairing needs to be removed, but seems excessive to me....I can see the wires with the sides off and am changing out my triple clamp to a vortex so the handlebars will be off anyways, should be easy, thanks for the help.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: eekenterprises
Can it be done without removing the front fairing? I already have the side off and it looks accessable. I am going to do some greggs customs on mine as soon as the weather gets above 20 and I can stand being out in the garage....
No, my instructions state the front headlight fairing needs to be removed, but seems excessive to me....I can see the wires with the sides off and am changing out my triple clamp to a vortex so the handlebars will be off anyways, should be easy, thanks for the help.
you are talking about installation instructions, right?
for future reference. head light fairing is refered to as the upper fairing. front fairing is the cowl that is on your front wheel.
that threw me off a bit.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:15 PM

you only need to take off your side fairings... easiest mod ever! instructions suck *** anyway, they're mostly used just as a guide. once you open the sucker up, you'll see what you're dealing with and it's alot easier than it looks.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:08 PM

I did it last night, wasn't that bad at all, once I figured I could disconnect the signal wire at the upper fairing and pull it through to work all the connections, I did the gregs flushmounts and they are impressive, now if I could get my damn speedohealer installed...

Old 12-17-2007, 09:48 AM

what brand flushmounts are you installing?

Old 12-17-2007, 11:39 AM

I did it last night, wasn't that bad at all, once I figured I could disconnect the signal wire at the upper fairing and pull it through to work all the connections, I did the gregs flushmounts and they are impressive, now if I could get my damn speedohealer installed...
what kind ofproblems are you having with the speedohealer?

Quick Reply: flush mount turn signals