F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

flush mount turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flush mount turn signals

guys and girls....I bought this flush mount turn signals the other day and it was a mess and i still didnt put them on. the wire from the original had 2 and then another one, i guess for the ground wire. the flush mount only has two. Does anyone know which wires go with which one because I really dont want to mess something up, know what I mean?

Old 07-10-2007, 12:09 PM
I ♥ CBRF
Default RE: flush mount turn signals

Your going to have to re-wire...FUN TIMES!! Its really not that bad, did mine awhile back. Solid wire on your aftermarkets connect to the one wire stock connection. I left my blinker on and tested the 2 wire connection to see which one is the correct signal (You wont hurt anything or blow a fuse). Once you locate the correct wire and your signal worksright cut wire and connect to your flush mounts. On a side note yourblinks may flash quicker thenthey did with stock but mine doesn't bother me.
I meant to take a pic of mine because this question comes up more times then not. Hope this makes sense or is a little bit of help. G-Luck!

Old 07-10-2007, 12:24 PM

I went through this last night, I went to install mini LED's on my wife's bike (front lights) and was supprised to find the two different connectors with three total wires, the rear lights only have two wires and one connector,

Well what I found was that the single wire with it's own connector is the ground, and the other two wires in the other connector are power wires, one for signals, and one for the running light, I picked up the ground on the single connector, and then I used the one power wire for the signals, don't remember what color of stripe or what ever it had, just hooked it up to both and found the one I needed, I tried to use both the power wires with a jumper and it did work both as a signal and a running light, but the problem I found was it also turned on the rear signals as running lights, and in California you can not have amber running lights in the rear, so I unhooked the third wire.

I uses Motrax signals, and I believe they had a Black wire and a yellow one, yellow was power, black was ground, I plugged them into Lockart Phillips jumpers that had the OEM Hitachi Honda plug that connects into the bikes harness, I believe it had a black wire with yellow stripe, that was the power wire, and a grey wire, that was the ground.

and if any one knows how to hook them up so I can retain my running lights up front, let me know, I don't know why when hooking up the aftermarket lights it turns on the rear's as running lights, but when I re tried the originals it only turns on the fronts as running lights? I am using an aftermarket flasher for the LED's but it and stock still only have two pins, three wires going to the flasher, but only two pins going into it??
[/align]

Old 07-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Registered Users

you guys need to look in the "How-to" before posting up all these questions...lol

anyways...i installed the hotbodies flushies and made them work as both running and turn signals...MOST LEDs will be 2 wire meaning they are only to function as turn signals....some people try to combine the two signal and running light wires but usually causes wierd problems (rear turn signals on, dash lights on, etc.)

so to fix this, you can either get a "kit" to convert them which is not worth the money or run to radio shack and pick up four diodes and wire them in and you will get running and turn signals...i have been running mine for 3 weeks and have had no heat problems or connection problems...just make sure you take your time, having to pull off the front fairing to check a connection is a pain in the ***....

for all those with 2 WIRE led flush mounts...read this thread as to how to deal with it and/or apply the running lights mod...if you guys have any specific questions, PM me and I will try and help out...

https://cbrforum.com/m_129799/tm.htm

sorry, i'll answer your questions too...

1) yes you will blink faster unless you either wire in a resistor to make the resistance the same as the stock bulbs (LEDs have a lower resistance) or you get a rumble relay to replace in your box

2) likely reason your rears went on is because by combining those wires, you are allowing current to flow back up into the relay which (i didn't know this) must be couple to your rear turns as well....you need the diode to prevent current from running back up into the relay and triggering your rears and or your dash (that happens too)

Old 07-10-2007, 01:32 PM

Yah I guess your right about the look up the how to, Thanks for the link, I really didn't even know there was a how to link, I dont use this sight to often, now I know. thanks again.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Registered Users

oh no problem...hope i didn't come off like a jerk....just know to check their first....that section is chocked full of good how-tos....i check their everyday for anything new...hope it helps

Old 07-10-2007, 02:15 PM

my aftermarked flush signals also have a yellow and a black wire. the stock have 2 wires coming out one end and there is another wirethat is soldered down to the side of the mount. What would you make of this, anyone?

3 wires from stock and only 2 from the aftermarket which is yellow and black.