F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Flasher relay

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007 | 10:36 AM
Default Flasher relay

Hello everybody,

Just got an Blue '06 CBR F4i and am finding lots of info out just by reading on the posts in this forum. Had a question though:

I got a led flasher relay for my turn signals and I am looking at the drawing in the service manual and the only thing I can find is the turn signal relay (same thing?)

Old 09-13-2007 | 10:47 AM
Default RE: Flasher relay

Are you trying to slow down the flashing rate of your directional? If so, you probably have a resistor that is used to take the place of the original resistance from incandescent bulbs. It just gets tied inline somewhere along the wiring as if you were adding in another light. If your doing something else then all this info is fooy and useless to you.

Old 09-13-2007 | 10:51 AM

No resistors at all. Trying to find the location of the stock flasher relay so I can plug the new led flasher relay in to slow down the blink rate.

Old 09-13-2007 | 10:54 AM

It's up in the front upper area. Headlight relays and flasher relays are mounted on the fairing stay if I remember right but it is defiantly part of the front harness that feeds the headlights and front flashers. Hope it helps

Old 09-13-2007 | 11:09 AM

So I was reading the drawing right, sweet! Thanks

Old 09-13-2007 | 11:40 PM

its in the middle of the headlight on the back, to the right of the bank angle sensor. you will see 2 same sized relays in there and 1 big one. its the little one on therightt. i put one in and it works fantastic!
________
THE GIRLS NEXT DOOR ADVICE

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-23-2008 | 05:12 PM

Hello all, just joined these boards... axsys, can you or anyone else advise the easiest way to get to this relay?? Does the gauge cluster have to come out, or the the front of the nose fairings come out?? Thanks in advance!

Old 02-23-2008 | 06:40 PM

well, it is possible to put it in without taking much of your bike apart, if i remember correctly. all you have to do is take your right ram air cover off, and then turn your handlebars so that you can get to where the flasher relay is. im pretty sure thats all i had to do. however, i do remember when i put it back in that if you want to mount it with the rubber grommet that the original relay was held in place with, you have to trim down the tab on the new relay so it will fit into the grommet. its was just 2 quick snips with some wire cutters for me. let me know if you need more help!

Last edited by axsys; 12-18-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-23-2008 | 07:10 PM

So, let me just understand... you removed the matte black molding, not the actual colored fairing right? And by "right" you mean as your sitting on the bike? And this is also assuming that the relay is in the same spot from 2002 to 2006. Thanks again a ton for you help and quick response!!

Old 02-23-2008 | 07:38 PM

witib03, thats all correct. right and left will always be oriented to how you would sit on the bike. the matte black molding is called the ram air cover, and is what you will need to take off. not sure if you have a service manual or not, but if you don't, you can download it here. trust me you will use it a lot. once you it get it, check out section 19-23, it has a picture of where the relay is on the headlights. you dont have to take the fairing off like they say though, but you can if it would make it easier.

Last edited by axsys; 12-18-2014 at 09:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Flasher relay