F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

First Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Mods

Hey guys it's me again... I was wondering what more experinced riders (you guys) thought of the first mods/upgrades that should be done on a stock bike. I was thinking of the exhaust system just to have that powerful sound +HP Maybe K&N?

Also is there anyone from central Cali here? If so are there any good riding groups around here?

Old 02-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: First Mods

whats up man ! and welcome to the boards .. to answer your 1st question id say best mods for a stock bike would depend on whats your purpose for the bike. i mean if your just riding it around town and the occasional twisties id say a slip-on, k&n setup is always nice. SS lines are always a great choice no matter what ! if your going to be a hardcore racer id suggest maybe a good suspension set up, and brake lines. if you want to stunt it id suggest .. well im not a stunter so ill let someone who is give ya advice for that .. also an HID kit would be great. it sucks tryin to ride @ night and you cant see all that well.

as for your 2nd question im from sacramento. where @ in central cali are you ? up here in sac there are quite a few groups but there are also alot of non affiliated riders. who just will be riding along ask to ride with ya and you take it from there.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:48 PM

I would say definately get a slip-on, and either an undertail or fender eliminator, cause those rear fenders are ugly as ****. After that I would recommend some rearsets, seeing as ground clearence at all that great on the stock ones, I have been dragging my feet through several turns. Then just do whateveryou think looks good.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:05 AM

Power commander. Just my 2cents

Old 02-12-2007, 01:24 AM

I would say slip on and get rid of that ugly shovel at the back of the bike. i like the tapeworks kits for the f4i's. Good luck and welcome

Old 02-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

flush signals, fender eliminator, windscreen, slip-on, PC, etc...

LoL...

Old 02-12-2007, 02:07 AM

HAVOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM IN ELK GROVE!

CHECK YOUR PM!

Old 02-12-2007, 02:13 AM

I'm with these guys, at least a slip on, flush turn signals and frame sliders.

I'm up in Sacramento too...damn rain!! what's central cali to you?

Old 02-12-2007, 02:31 AM

+1 to frame sliders, I can't believe i forgot about those. Make sure you get the ones that go directly to the frame tho. You will have to drill a hole in your fairings, but the ones that are no-drill just snap off. My buddy went down going about 45-50mph and his snapped off, I washed out in some gravel going 15mph and it snapped off so I definately recomend getting the ones that bolt to the frame.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:40 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

frame sliders are VERY important! id actually do those before an exhaust or annything else !

"suicidal" and "method" checks your inbox

Quick Reply: First Mods