F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

First Bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006 | 06:52 PM
|
Default First Bike

I saw a 2002 cbr600 f4i near me for 2650. It has a little over 10,000 miles on it and was laid down on it's left side. All the plastuc on the bike is scrathched, broken or dented but the only loose piece is the left side fairing. The gas tank has 3 small dings in it and it needs the front turn signals, mirrors and and a front brake lever. I started it up (but with a different ignition, the original was off getting a new key made) but didn't drive it around. Basically I am curious to know if this bike is to messed up for me to consider and how to tell if there are any mechanical problems with it. I have 2 days to return it if I buy it but that's a real big hassle to transport it.

Old 08-10-2006 | 06:58 PM
Default RE: First Bike

sounds to me that the bike is messed up more than i would want to mess with, so if i were you, id keep looking around....if your patient, you will find a nice bike and will be able to talk the guy down some. That bike sounds like it will give you problems, plus buying new parts is really expensive

Old 08-10-2006 | 06:59 PM

yeah i'd pass on that...

Old 08-10-2006 | 07:11 PM

i wouldn't, the money you save buying wrecked stuff doesn't replace the hastle/money/time spent repairing it, in my opinion

Old 08-10-2006 | 07:41 PM
|

Well the bike is straight if that is a concern you guys have. But what type of problems could it have?

Old 08-11-2006 | 09:48 AM

if its for your first bike i would buy it as long as it aint too bad and put some stuff on it. and ride it all screwed up then after you get used to it you can fix it all up and have a minty bike. DO NOT buy a minty bike for your first. guy i worked with did it, first day he got it.... not so minty anymore..... my buddy did, ( it wasent mint but nice for a f3) not as nice now with a broken blinker and some scratches and minor broken plastic on the right side..... i tell everybody to buy a cheep busted bike to learn on.... that way if you go down your not out that much.... nobody listens and nobody has a minty bike anymore.... except for me .... well my **** aint all scratched and busted anyways.... its not minty cause i ride all the time.... so its starting to get some stress cracks and what not.....