F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Finally getting a bike :-)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally getting a bike :-)

hello all.. my name is dru, 18 years old, and Id like to annouce, after waiting for such a long time, Im getting my first bike. A yellow 2002 F4i to be specific. so i just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to all. iv been on cbrforums for a while just as a guest reading everything so a few weeks ago, i figured id sign up. Anyways either tonight or friday (depending on the rain from that stupid tropical depression alberto) im buyin it from the guy. the guy Im buying it from was just waiting on the title which finally came in, now he said he would ride it over to my house. This is my first street bike, but i have done little off roading with my friends 125s.. and im already signed up for the MSF class which is in a week and a half. so im basically set. ill get pics of it up asap

but just a quick question, ive never bought a used car or anything involving a title. does anyone know what is exactly on the title work when i buy it, what i have to sign, or like the steps for actually buying/paying for it?

Old 06-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Default RE: Finally getting a bike :-)

Hope you have an extra couple hundred. I am in NC and just bought a bike, it is gonna cost me $171.20 extra as soon as I get the title. And make sure you have a notary present, you can usually go to the library or the bank and they can usually notarize it. Both you and the current owner must sign the title in front of the notary and then she will sign it and seal it. Make sure it is sealed. I forgot to look because it was the guys friend and she didn't seal it... I went to get my tags and everything and ended up leaving empty handed... now i have to wait ot get the title there and back before I can ride.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:14 PM

Wow, Virginia isnt that strict at all. All you have to do in VA is fill out the bottom part of his title (miles and price) and then you both sign it. He gives you that title and you take it to the DMV where they will assess sales tax (only 3% for vehicles in VA) and they will print you out a title in your name and give you tags and registration.

Old 06-14-2006, 05:37 PM

wow, I need to take a trip to VA

Old 06-14-2006, 07:22 PM

well its all done and taken care of... i have the title in hand all filled out... now i just need to wait to get my license, so i can insure it (rider), so i can register it... i took a few spins on it up and down my drive way (i have a long driveway).. ooo i like.. its kinda scary though.. a lot heavier than dirtbikes... im not taking it out until i take the MSF course though... im happy though.. im just paranoid im gonna just be going so slow and just drop it for some odd reason, id rather do that to an MSF course bike

Old 06-17-2006, 04:14 AM

+++++111111 on the MSF course. I just got my F4i and was in the same boat as you with a bike without insurance...but it will come...be careful and have fun...about dropping it...just make sure you can get your feet down if you feel your tipping, and youll be fine, ive had a close call with my bike backing it out of a driveway. invest in some frame sliders

Old 06-18-2006, 03:19 AM

As I was just reading your post my stomach dropped thinking of my first ride out on the street on my 02 F4I. I swear i was squeezing those bars so tight im suprised i didnt bend em lol. Well, I guess the best advice I can give is speed is your friend and learn to trust the bike when leaning in a turn, especialy those stop sign right hand turns...those were the hard ones for me. Even after your course, I would spend a little time in a parking lot someplace practicing tight turns from a stop.
Good luck man and welcome to the sport!