F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Finally done with my bike for awhile

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Finally done with my bike for awhile

Well here is the last update for awhile, this is pretty much how she will look for this summer. Tell me what ya think, I'd like to get fairings painted but I may just wait awhile and run it all in primer for the summer.

when I got it.

then I crashed

Thought I was just gonna turn it into a stunt bike and just use it for playing around.

hated the way it looked so I decided to put fairings back on and make it a custom street/track bike.

Well here is the finished product for now.. And how it will mostly be for the summer, should make a great track bike, plus it works perfect for the street also. I get tons and tons of looks, most people have no clue what kind of bike it is.

I know its not the greatest looking bike in the world, but from what it has been threw and became is pretty amazing. Its completely custom and stands out in the crowd, which is what I like.

Still have got to mount my new rims and tires. I'm waiting on the rims to come back from powder coating (black) and I have a brand new set of power pure's to go on them. Also have red rim tape to put on the new rims too.

Last edited by jveach; 02-22-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:14 PM

just how strong is that tiny headlight ahha. must be very bright

Old 02-22-2012, 05:16 PM

It is, its a 55w bulb. I can see with it at night perfectly even with my tinted visor. Surprisingly its as bright as the stock headlight.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:22 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Black rims? Why not white? Great looking bike BTW...it's sweet! It's just me...that white wheel will look phat! Especially when wheels spinning...if the rims are white, the the mirrors white too...

Photoshop it and see...

Old 02-22-2012, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by estate4life
Black rims? Why not white? Great looking bike BTW...it's sweet! It's just me...that white wheel will look phat! Especially when wheels spinning...if the rims are white, the the mirrors white too...

Photoshop it and see...

That's a good ideal, I'll photoshop it tonight and see what It looks like. Only downside is till the bike is fully painted and clear coated the rims may be more shinny then the paint. LOL

I've been trying to get prices to get the bike painted, just haven't had the spare cash. I just bought a truck to use for the summer to haul boat/bike and so on. It took all my cash because I didn't want to take a loan out for one.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:33 PM

I was going to suggest putting some red tape on the black wheels to bring a little more red into the equation. Looks pretty sweet, although I don't think I'm a fan of how the fairings are split where they are, but damn that does make it a lot easier for maintenance!

Old 02-22-2012, 05:38 PM

There hotbodies race fairings, and yea in less then 20 seconds I can remove the bottom half. The DZUS fasteners are pretty cool. Plus it has oil containment for the track use. I also have a hidden toggle switch that serves as the main power for the headlight, so when on the track I can flip the switch and a touch of a small piece of tape and she is ready to run. Mirrors are also the cheapest set I could buy off ebay that came as a pair, main reason I put them on there is so the local police station would stop getting my money for no mirror tickets (I got 3 last summer)

Old 02-22-2012, 05:56 PM

Love the bike! looks great u should slap a HUGE alpinestars logo in black on the side! it looks sick on a white bike.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jveach

and I have a brand new set of power pure's to go on them.
not a moment too soon...

nice to a see a crash story with a happy ending. what kind of clip-ons are those?

Old 02-22-2012, 06:18 PM

There Yana shiki clip-ons, and Pit-eck billet triple clamps.

Pretty good clip-ons for the price. I had woodcraft on it, and I hate to say it, but the Yana shiki ones are better made, and more comfy.

I've been doing burnouts the past few rides. I've had my new tires for two weeks just waiting on the rims to put them on. The rims on the bike now are not in good shape. The rear one is slightly warped and front one curbed up pretty bad from the crash.

Quick Reply: Finally done with my bike for awhile