CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   fi light comes on solid... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/fi-light-comes-solid-95678/)

InRoo 06-30-2020 10:26 PM

My solid light comes on when the key is turn on and when the bike is not running, my kickstand wires are loose to and the bike doesn't recognise neutral unless its moving. It still starts in neutral without the green light. Im having a hard time finding the service connector. Can someone tell me what color it is and/or what it is next to on the harness?

f4iii01 01-30-2021 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by 33andathird (Post 799565)
disconnected the battery today and sanded/shined up and secured the connections. rode for 15 miles. no fi light. parked. hour later. bike starts fine. 5 minutes into the ride the fi light comes on and stays on 'till end of ride. regardless of all this nonsense, has anyone ever had their fi light come on and stay solid until the end of their ride? planning on taking the bike on a long/desolate ride tomorrow...and am hoping i don't end up stranded in the jungle with some electrical problem. the shops around here are booked up 'till monday and i am really trying to figure this thing out....

thanks for your time.

Resurrecting......im having the same problem except I haven’t started my bike yet cause it’s winter in NY. Solid f1 light. There’s no turn signal relay and my fuel pump harness is unplugged. Any ideas?

Al1040 01-31-2021 05:04 AM

f4iii01
It is probably the fact that you have things disconnected and it (the bike) cannot complete its diagnostics upon switch on.
You really need to have the bike complete, then see if the FI light in on, if you then get errors you need to go into the diagnostic mode as described above. If you tried the diagnostic mode now you might get some strange codes due to the plugs being disconnected.
The diagnostics will always start on the assumption that you have a 100% complete and functioning machine, having a partially complete machine will cause issues.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Al

Abumallouh88 05-03-2021 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by CBR_ay (Post 1314979)
My light comes on during high speeds or when I open full throttle but not when stationary only when riding and it’s messes with my RPM ‘s causing the bike jerk forward and majority of the time causes the bike to shut off But the light goes away when I hold the clutch Can someone help please

Hello I’m having the same problem you have did you figured out what the problem was

IDoDirt 05-03-2021 10:29 PM

What specifically have you tried? Have you put a jumper in the service connector and checked to see if any codes are stored in memory?

Abumallouh88 05-04-2021 11:43 AM

Yes I’d did but nothing happened after I started the bike the light went off

IDoDirt 05-04-2021 03:26 PM

So, describe the sequence of events that lead up to the FI light coming on. Once it's on, does it stay on?

Abumallouh88 05-04-2021 07:55 PM

It comes on when you reach over 100mph with full open throttle and stop accelerating the light comes on and stays on until you kill the switch so if I kill the switch and turn it back on the light is gone

Al1040 05-05-2021 03:58 AM

Hi Abumallouh88,
Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the forum.
Where are you from, how long have you been on two wheels, what bikes do you have etc.
We also love pictures.
As it happens I have not seen anything like, I very rarely venture into that sort of territory, my more learned colleagues might have better idea, but I would suspect a loose contact / sensor causing the issue which will be incredibly hard to replicate due to the speed.
Cheers
Al

Abumallouh88 05-05-2021 05:23 AM

will I’m from Chicago I have been riding for three years my bike is 04 cbr 1000rr I recently got it but I forgot to mention that when the F1 light comes on The acceleration is very low and dose not respond as quick as has to be