F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

FI error code 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 05:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FI error code 2

yes I've read up on this error quite a bit. The first advise is obviously to check the hoses and the MAP sensor, the connection etc..

But the interesting thing is when it came on.. how it occurred etc..

The last time I saw it briefly.. I had just put the proper amount of fuel stabilizer in. It was did it just a little bit while riding and later stopped. I added it after the fuel was filled rather than prior.

So I fill up yesterday. Next day I put in the proper amount. 15 minutes later.. error code again.. FI blinking on and off.. sometimes just stops. I immediately turn the bike off and check the codes. Sure enough error code #2. I say fine.. I'll ride and see what happens. The FI is pretty much solid the whole time. Ugh.. I clear the codes and 2hrs later come back. Turn the bike on, let it sit for about 5 minutes, rev it a little. No FI error.

Is it possible that it takes some time for the ECM to adjust to the additive? It seems awkward that that alone would cause the error.

Anyways this weekend I'll be checking the vacuum lines, MAP sensor and connections themselves. Just seems awkward, when this occurs and how it stops.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:55 PM

How are you clearing the code? My FI light has been coming on and the bike seems to run a little rough during warm up. It finally gave me the 2 blinks the other day. I lifted the tank up today, unplugged the map and then plugged it back in. Checked the hose was good on the sensor and then traced it back as and checked the other end as best I could. None of my hoses were disconnected, one hose on the bottom of the gas tank was close but was still connected, and a small hose that runs down by the kickstand was clogged with what looked like leaves. My bike only really seemed to act up and throw a code when I parked it on and incline with the front pointing up the hill. I'm hoping just by messing with it today the code stays gone.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by chambers
How are you clearing the code? My FI light has been coming on and the bike seems to run a little rough during warm up. It finally gave me the 2 blinks the other day. I lifted the tank up today, unplugged the map and then plugged it back in. Checked the hose was good on the sensor and then traced it back as and checked the other end as best I could. None of my hoses were disconnected, one hose on the bottom of the gas tank was close but was still connected, and a small hose that runs down by the kickstand was clogged with what looked like leaves. My bike only really seemed to act up and throw a code when I parked it on and incline with the front pointing up the hill. I'm hoping just by messing with it today the code stays gone.
you'd definitely have to look up the "exact" steps online. pretty simple. I just do it at this point. I know w/ the bike on.. you read you get your error code like any other time. Then you do something like pull the paperclip off.. then within 5 seconds reconnect it. Then I believe the light starts blinking continually.. If the light blinks continually then it's cleared. Now I'm not sure if my directions are exact.. so just google it and you'll tons of instructions to do it.

What I just finished doing it is cleaning the pins on the MAP. Just I also cleaned the sensors that connects to the airbox. Also I cleaned out the hose that goes from the MAF to the the T split. Meaning I took it out and actually cleaned inside it and ran a snake like device through that tiny line.

I did get a little bit of the sludge people talk about out.. It wasn't a huge amount.. but then again it's a tiny hose. So hopefully that will fix it. Seems thats most commonly the issue. Unless of course you're getting into the FPR, which would mean your bike is getting crappy fuel mileage etc.. most of which can be tested w/ a multimeter before changing parts.

oh while I was in their I also cleaned the butterflies and some other areas. I mean if the part is right in front of you.. might as well give it a little maintenance.