F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Feeling a bit FRUSTRATED

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feeling a bit FRUSTRATED

Alright, alright... deep breaths now...

Okay, so in May I was hit by a car while riding. Between the processes of assessing the damages, healing, waiting for insurance claims, ordering parts, and waiting for parts, I have been without the motorcycle to ride for a long time now (as I type this I can hear a distant motorcycle out the window, accelerating hard...1st...2nd...3rd...but I digress).

I made two large orders from ronayers.com for the majority of the parts. The first shipment arrived today. A few misc. parts and the fairings. I anxiously tear the boxes open, kid-on-christmas-morning style. Brand new upper fairing. sweet... tail... fender... left lower... wait... what is this??? a scratch... a huge scratch...

right away I know I'll be returning this. I'm sure they'll be cool about it and replace it, no questions asked. I check the box for damage and it looks cool though, as if it was scratched when it was put in there. On top of that, I noticed while unpacking it that it was the only piece not in a honda "genuine parts" box... I wonder....

I wonder as I open the last box, the right lower fairing... I pull it out and immediately see that it's the wrong color...(well, right color, actually, but I'm not going with the factory 'black over red' look, so I intentionally ordered the red/white lowers so that I could peel the white off...) I have a moment of panic, thinking that maybe, just maybe I made a huge mistake and somehow ordered the wrong one. I check in invoice and sure enough, the order matches the invoice... but wait! I'm sure--sure that I ordered correctly.

I run upstairs to check my online reciept... alas, I was correct... SO, somehow, between me placing my order and the invoice being printed to pull the order, the last letter in the part no. was changed from a "B" to an "A" (type 2 to type 1)... The funny thing is, when I made the order, I even called afterwards to let them know that I was intentionally ordering lower fairings that didn't match the upper and tail. They assured me that they would ship exactly what was on the web order.

Funny how that worked out.

So I call, and they are friendly. I explain what happened and they promise to ship out the correct parts immediately and to have FedEx come pick up the wrong ones. That's great, I say, but I was hoping to be riding this weekend, not in another 2 weeks...

Tough luck, I suppose... No explanation of how it might have happened...

I imagine that the scratched one showed up on someone else's doorstep damaged and they sent it back and rather than ronayers.com dealing with it, they just put it on their shelves and turned around and sold it to the next guy-- why else would it be the only one not in the honda factory box??

Boo.

I can guarantee that I'll be riding "naked" this weekend, still waiting for the right parts.

Old 07-22-2006, 12:34 AM
Default RE: Feeling a bit FRUSTRATED

unacceptable.
signs of an unorgonized buisness with employees that could care less about a rider.
im surprised your not more pissed.

Old 07-22-2006, 09:45 AM

You're being awfully nice about it. I'm sure they'll fix it all and get the right stuff out to you, sucks you gotta wait for them though.

Old 07-22-2006, 12:10 PM

I guess my writing style makes me sound less pissed than I am.

As I read the return policy for ronayers.com I am becoming increasingly concerned that they are going to stick me with some fee or another. Let's just say that ain't gonna happen.

I was thinking more about the invoice being different from the web-order and I can't understand how that could happen. Seems almost like someone would have to intentionally screw it up...

I cannot believe that I spent over $2,300 in two orders in two days and they couldn't get it right. The fact that the scratched lower was the only one NOT in a honda factory box tells me that they just shipped out someone else's damage return. It is infuriating.

I will not be doing business with them again.

Old 07-22-2006, 01:14 PM

That sucks. I have only heard good things about Ron Ayers in the past though. Perhaps they have one bad apple there that screwed up your order.

Old 07-22-2006, 02:07 PM

dude, go to www.servicehonda.com they have AMAZING prices on any part you need and AWSOME customer service!!! I just ordered all my parts through them and didnt have 1 problem. BTW how much did you pay for your upper cowl??

Old 07-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jjbtao,

I would send an email to them with a link to these postings.

Maybe bad word of mouth marketing will scare them into actually taking care of customer service.

They are forgetting that you (the customer) enable their existence!

Old 07-24-2006, 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: 06CBRF4i

dude, go to www.servicehonda.com they have AMAZING prices on any part you need and AWSOME customer service!!! I just ordered all my parts through them and didnt have 1 problem. BTW how much did you pay for your upper cowl??
Unfortuntately, I found out about www.servicehonda.com a few days after I had already placed the order. It would have saved me $100 or so on the entire order of nearly $2500, so I don't feel too bad about it. In the future, I'll be dealing with them for sure. Looks like I paid about $20 more for my upper cowl than you did.

I'm going to be calling ronayers again today and insisting they express the new parts to me. Direct from honda.

Here are some pics... with notably missing parts...

Old 07-24-2006, 04:22 PM

wow... i think some of you are a lil harsh. I mean mistakes do happen, he said they were polite and would send out the correct ones, as well as get fedex to pick up the old ones. As long as they dont try to stick him with some shipping charges then whats the big deal. Sure he has to wait another 2 weeks + and it sucks for his inconvience but i hope you guys do realize **** happens....

Old 07-25-2006, 12:53 AM

just turn it into a streetfighter [8D]

Quick Reply: Feeling a bit FRUSTRATED